M-55 cat-back

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
Okay guys, give me a hand here....I am certain that I will be buying a FRPP M-55 cat back....however, I only found one place to buy them from...and then it was the M-5230-MSC...for the 04-cobra....I noticed the M-55 is for the 99-01 but know that some guys have them on their 03-04 Terminators.
Question here, is is there any fabrication work required to make the M-55 fit on my 04....or do I just suck up the $665.00 :shrug:

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
nah, the M55 will fit fine, but the pipes hang a bit low behind the mufflers, so if you plan on lowering the car in the future that is something you should be aware of because you'll run out of ground clearance real fast.... and its frickin' loud

Glfbaluhwakrguy

03 SB Cobra
Established Member
The M55's bolt right up too the 03's and 04's, i had no problems! As far as price goes, I have no clue where you got that $600 + number. I only paid 370 something shipped for mine. I bought mine from mrt-direct, check them out.

Lastly, i hope you like it loud, I really can't stand mine, i'm ready to weld some different mufflers in there. I guess it's not really the loudness, but the tone of my combo. If you do it, don't run a bassani off road X, it'll sound horrible.

Last edited:

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
Hey thanks a lot.....the price 665.00 was for the 04 cobra exhaust from frpp....but I will go with the M-55 anyways......I do not plan on putting on an aftermarket mid pipe...thats the only reason I thought about going with the M-55...but I do have H&R race springs with poly iso's.....will this be an issue with the M-55's?

redline

Established Member
2 things to remember 1. will be loud .2 if lowered will drag.

Hoosier4.6

Established Member
You're probably looking at the FR-500 for $665. The guy on this forum who advertises OEM parts 10% over cost sells the M55 for only $270. I'm debating getting a set, though I just don't know how I'll like such a loud system over time.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Glfbaluhwakrguy said:
Lastly, i hope you like it loud, I really can't stand mine, i'm ready to weld some different mufflers in there. I guess it's not really the loudness, but the tone of my combo. If you do it, don't run a bassani off road X, it'll sound horrible.

I've got the bassani x with my M55, but I left the cats on and it helped mellow it out. If you really find it loud you can order up the 3" bassani tail pipe baffles as well and they will fit right into the end of the M55 with just a little bit of work and they really cut the volume and smooth out the tone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread