LYING COP hit me with a 90+ TICKET

stang99

I assume that you can't go to driver's school on this one? Is 90+ just more expensive than, say 75? If you can go to driver's school, pay the fine and be careful not to get popped again for 18 months. That way it doesn't go on your record. It's only money, if you can keep it off of your record and your insurance company doesn't see it. Otherwise, unless you completely beat the ticket, it will count for the same even if you get the speed, and the fine, reduced.

Boost on This

Established Member
StevieB,

This is the VC for 100+ and possible jail time:

22348 Excessive Speed and Designated Lane Use
30 days car gone and >$500 fine

Thank you 4 your input!

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by 03InThe11s
In Ga they have to pace you for 1 mile before they can right a ticket. either that, or they have to have radar or laser to back up their claims. they must show the radar or laser to you if asked, and it must have been calibrated within the last 24 hours. (coming from a GSP buddy of mine) but thats in Georgia.

BTW: IN Ga, they DO NOT have to show you the radar.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You definitely have a case. Here's why:

1) You are not breaking the law when you are speeding with the flow of traffic, even in California.

2) You must avoid an accident at all times, especially when merging onto the freeway.

3) You must be "clocked" in a designated speed area; otherwise it's considered a speed trap.

4) Check to see if the police vehicle has the correct speed calibration; my bet is the speedometer hasn't been certified for a while.

5) Thinking you are going 90 and knowing you are are 2 different things. You now have the silver bullet. Estimated speeds on tickets won't hold water in court, even with multiple witnesses.

6) In most states temporary speeding is considered passing. Yes temporary speeding. How else are people supposed to pass? You must SUSTAIN speed to be speeding. This is ambiguous so expect the judge to have lax on this one.

The officers should have cited you for wreckless driving, careless driving or excessive speed. Once they tag a "number" on the ticket it's all over with if they have no certified method of clocking you, even if you admit to speeding. The only thing you need to do is pay an attorney to schmoose with the judge for $150 and you go home a happy camper.

See, I've experienced this issue many times before and won. In fact, I've never been pulled over for accelerating onto the freeway, so long as I slowed down to a reasonable speed after the fact. Even when pulled over, I simple cite the law and get off with a warning.

Just my .02; good luck, and happy studying :)

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
well if you take it to court cop may not show up 2 the other guy may have also heard your car and backed off and the cops noted you passing Maybe no one is sure of the speed considering the circumstances maybe it might be lowered or put on probation if you get anther ticket this one goes on> probably a lawer. Pleading guilty with explination doesnt go over good most of the time, defending yourself most of the time ticks of the judge it seems kinda like oh so you dont need a lawyer huh. Even if your guilty maybe a good idea to get a lawyer is all money well spent

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
Lying and making an educated guess based on experience are two completely different things...calling someone a liar on a public forum is a serious allegation...
This is NOT a public forum. Just thought I'd clear that up in case there was any confusion.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
Lying and making an educated guess based on experience are two completely different things...calling someone a liar on a public forum is a serious allegation...

Oh my, a serious allegation on a forum, big whoop!!! Cry me a river, geeez!

You said you were going over 70 mph, probably 90+mph and are aghast that you were cited for exceeding 65...you do the math...

He knows he was speeding, he said he wasn't doing 92 as the nice, kind officer said he was doing.
The guy was just asking for advice from the people on this public forum and you start basically flaming him.

Tim

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
This is NOT a public forum. Just thought I'd clear that up in case there was any confusion.

Thanks for the info!

But wait, when I was a lurker here many moons ago, I didn't need a password to browse the boards. Isn't that PUBLIC?

Just wondering.:shrug:

Boost on This

Established Member
OK....PlatinumCobra
wow, impressive .02 cents!

Now the question is if I can get the cop to stumble on who he was tring to clock.

Thanks again!

Boost on This

Established Member
thanks blk96SVT,

I was posting to get assistance from some good people...not flamed by L.B.
or anyone for that matter.....

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
You definitely have a case. Here's why:

1) You are not breaking the law when you are speeding with the flow of traffic, even in California.

2) You must avoid an accident at all times, especially when merging onto the freeway.

3) You must be "clocked" in a designated speed area; otherwise it's considered a speed trap.

4) Check to see if the police vehicle has the correct speed calibration; my bet is the speedometer hasn't been certified for a while.

5) Thinking you are going 90 and knowing you are are 2 different things. You now have the silver bullet. Estimated speeds on tickets won't hold water in court, even with multiple witnesses.

6) In most states temporary speeding is considered passing. Yes temporary speeding. How else are people supposed to pass? You must SUSTAIN speed to be speeding. This is ambiguous so expect the judge to have lax on this one.

The officers should have cited you for wreckless driving, careless driving or excessive speed. Once they tag a "number" on the ticket it's all over with if they have no certified method of clocking you, even if you admit to speeding. The only thing you need to do is pay an attorney to schmoose with the judge for $150 and you go home a happy camper.

See, I've experienced this issue many times before and won. In fact, I've never been pulled over for accelerating onto the freeway, so long as I slowed down to a reasonable speed after the fact. Even when pulled over, I simple cite the law and get off with a warning.

Just my .02; good luck, and happy studying :)

1) WRONG; if traffic is all going 85, they're ALL speeding, AND breaking the law.

2) Accident? Where'd that come from?

3) They used their speedo, not the markings on the road like the planes use.

4) I think the CHP takes care of that stuff.

5) They KNOW he was going over 80. They estimated 12 mph over 80.

6) You pass people going slower than you. It's still illegal to go 75, when passing someone going 63.

Just clearing some things up. I've had experience with being pulled over as well. No speeding tickets in Cali, and I didn't have to regurgitate the law at the officer.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by blk96SVT The guy was just asking for advice from the people on this public forum and you start basically flaming him.
Ummm, 03DOHC says it's not a PUBLIC forum....and ya I did....:burn:

blk96SVT

Established Member
Thats cool L.B. (troublemaker), I'm not going to say anything any more since it seems you like to start trouble (as stated in your profile).

Boost On This-Good luck with fighting the ticket, let me know how it turns out, if you get it reduced.

Tim

Last edited:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Yeah LB, my mom says I can't hang out with you anymore because you cause too much trouble. :rollseyes

BTW folks, calling someone a liar when your own testimony gives some support to their claims isn't gonna give you much credibility. When I've been pulled over for speeding, I knew I had done wrong, and didn't try to act as if I was innocent. ZERO speeding tickets in Cali. 1 in Nevada.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by blk96SVT
Thats cool L.B. (troublemaker), I'm not going to say anything any more since it seems you like to start trouble (as stated in your profile).

Boost On This-Good luck with fighting the ticket, let me know how it turns out, if you get it reduced.

Tim

Yeah LB.

Im taking MY BALL & Going Home.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Parvez...Good luck...let us know how it turns out...

Tim...nothing personal, bro...some things just have to be said...

Juan...as usual, Your Mom is right...:p

Boost on This

Established Member
ok L.B.

You like flaming me for asking help from some good people here....ok

Well, first of all is that you in that cute purple top? Does that mean you're a girl or long hair boy who's confused?

And do you own a Mach 1 or a PINK HONDA S2000, like the one you branded yourself with?
If you own that PINK honda...do you like to roll around town with your guys friend with the top down?

I think you should move to Santa Monica, instead of OC.....you'll get more play with your top down.

By the way, I got a race for your PINK car....my sister's Honda Element with a 5 pound shot of NOS.

Users who are viewing this thread