lx fox cars with aftermarket hoods

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
well i'm converting my car from a gt to lx and painting it, the car will be black with 97 cobra wheels, and stock spoiler. Looking for pics of lx cars with differnet hoods thinking about getting a 95 cobra R hood with 3 inch cowl

lets see some pics and tell me what you think

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Here is my 91 LX.
100_2507.gif

100_0693.jpg

100_0691.jpg

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Here is my old coupe with a Boss Inc hood. Subtle , yet alot of people stopped, looked...and kept looking.

dsc00397bx8.jpg

dsc00395lo6.jpg

dsc0039md2.jpg

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
I have a 4" cowl on my 89GT. I was sooo gung ho on running a cowl, thought it was badass, etc etc. Granted I did need a cowl while running solid motor mounts, 1" intake spacer, etc.

I have since bought a 1993 coupe, still have the GT... and am doing everything I can to keep the stock hood. I think the cars look so much better with a stock hood, especially if its a really quick car, it makes it more stealth like I guess you could say.

Anyway, two companies I can HIGHLY recommend are HO Fibertrends. They are the company that was contracted back in 95 to build the actualy Cobra R hoods for ford. Their quality is out of this world. My 4" on my 89 is from them. There was no work at all on the hood getting it to fit. Test bolted it on before paint, everything lined up, no sanding edges etc. My painted said it was the best quality fiberglass hood he has ever dealt with. The only downfall to them is they don't offer a smooth finish underhood.

The other company is Cervinis. They also make a very nice product. I am running a 93 Cobra spoiler of theirs on the 89. It was also the same way. Bolt on and go. I don't have any personal experience with their hoods, but have seen many of them in person. They offer a smooth underside to their hoods.

You can't go wrong with either. I just looked and it looks like HO fibertrends doesnt make the Cobra R style hood anymore, but cervinis does. If you decide to go with a standard cowl... definitely look into them.

Hope this little bit of info helps!!

Kyle

FranticFocus05

Established Member
93LX I believe it s 3in and its a Cervinis hood. It does add a real mean look to the car
*hood was popped in the pictures it does sit tighter when latched*

MIRAug22nd001.jpg

MIRAug22nd002.jpg

MIRAug22nd003.jpg

Last edited:

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
don't get me wrong i love the way a fox looks with a cowl hood but.....

every fox body has a straight cowl hood
i was also thinking of getting the heat extractor hood (kinda like a 03-04 cobra) anyone got any pics of this hood?

Users who are viewing this thread