Lund tunning for 2013= Happy customer

mhyjek

Established Member
Ok I have 2013 with paxton via beefcake and finishline tunning, install and purchase was great experience. Terry and Brian are great guys and an awesome combo vendor and installer wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Now with Lund they did my dyno tune and I was tuned by Shaun/AED before and had great experience I would have him tune it but Terry was dynoing it and he has great relationship with Lund and we were on limited time. I've read about Lund and there customer service was questioned but I'm here to tell you they have been ultra responsive and returned service tickets with in 10 minutes two times and one was done at 9:30 PM. My tune is spot on but I'm using meth and wasn't tuned on purpose using it as a safety but it is affecting my AFR so I wanted to see if they could do something about it. Which they did but they read my datalogs and wanted to address something to make it better not that I had a problem but hell yeah. Great tuner! service on par with AED, Shaun is also a great tuner as well!

mhyjek

Established Member
Glad to hear all went well
Thanks!
AED has done well by me and I had an email chat with Shaun regarding my AFR's he told me to contact Lund and from what I read on here was a little weary but found the response to be fast and I have two new tunes to Datalog tonight. I wish all my experiences could be as positive as Lund and AED are!

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I am about to drop my car off at Finishline to get some work done with the Dif and while they have a great reputation they are hella expensive.

I am only going to them because of said reputation and the previous mustang shop I used has become super flakey and I just don't trust them anymore even though they did nearly twice the work for almost $100 less. That was a year and a half ago though.

Glad to hear things went great with Lund! I've only read a lot of the opposite for Lund and have loved dealing with AED/Shaun.

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
I am about to drop my car off at Finishline to get some work done with the Dif and while they have a great reputation they are hella expensive.

I am only going to them because of said reputation and the previous mustang shop I used has become super flakey and I just don't trust them anymore even though they did nearly twice the work for almost $100 less. That was a year and a half ago though.

Glad to hear things went great with Lund! I've only read a lot of the opposite for Lund and have loved dealing with AED/Shaun.
Yeah that's why I posted it. I've read a couple threads on the lack of communication from Lund, but it was nothing but fast response and action! As far as Finishline, they did some diff work for me while I was there they cleaned up a noise that I got done by a shop that were experts and reasonbly priced. They put 2 different gear sets and the noise got worst, Brian at finishline fixed one and done! As far as cost I'm from NJ finishline was a steal compared to what shops in NJ get. I'm in my own business in NJ and I know about cost but in my neck of the woods I was quoted from $700-$1400 to do the gears??? Finishline didn't have to change the gears but put a pinion bearing, one piece driveshaft for a couple hundred.. The best part is no noise.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Yeah that's why I posted it. I've read a couple threads on the lack of communication from Lund, but it was nothing but fast response and action! As far as Finishline, they did some diff work for me while I was there they cleaned up a noise that I got done by a shop that were experts and reasonbly priced. They put 2 different gear sets and the noise got worst, Brian at finishline fixed one and done! As far as cost I'm from NJ finishline was a steal compared to what shops in NJ get. I'm in my own business in NJ and I know about cost but in my neck of the woods I was quoted from $700-$1400 to do the gears??? Finishline didn't have to change the gears but put a pinion bearing, one piece driveshaft for a couple hundred.. The best part is no noise.

A couple hundred....wtf...They quoted me 425 for pinion bearing and pinion seal + labor to replace it. $680 if they also have to replace the axle bearings too which I know they won't have too...I also am providing new diff oil and limited slip fluid.

:shrug:

The other shop did all new bearings, seal, frpp 3.73 gears, royal purple 75W140 and FRPP limited slip fluid and install for $550. That other shop just doesn't seem to be as good as they used to be. So I am not gonna have them touch my car. The way they act is shady.

Their job was good too, I had zeron whine on the gears at all...I live in Cincy so both shops are near each other, maybe a 40 min drive from each other.

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
A couple hundred....wtf...They quoted me 425 for pinion bearing and pinion seal + labor to replace it. $680 if they also have to replace the axle bearings too which I know they won't have too...I also am providing new diff oil and limited slip fluid.

:shrug:

The other shop did all new bearings, seal, frpp 3.73 gears, royal purple 75W140 and FRPP limited slip fluid and install for $550. That other shop just doesn't seem to be as good as they used to be. So I am not gonna have them touch my car. The way they act is shady.

Their job was good too, I had zeron whine on the gears at all...I live in Cincy so both shops are near each other, maybe a 40 min drive from each other.
I had almost 3k off work done at once thought... This Finishline in Milford correct?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I had almost 3k off work done at once thought... This Finishline in Milford correct?

yessir. Maybe they did cut you a deal with all the work done. I just don't wanna know what they charge for a full gear install plus all parts though.

I was gonna ask them for a quote in person on Monday for swapping my oil pump gears later on, but not sure I even wanna know what they are gonna charge.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are pretty reasonable and comparable to any other shop when it comes to labor rates, and the work is done right

Last edited:

5PointOHNO

Established Member
The 'slow' response times were mostly due to it being a man show for a while. Even then, it was worth the wait and nothing serious ever sat in the inbox for long.

Jon and Jon II are both great, and I have a friend who was tuned by Ken who also did a great job.

I've had late night tuning sessions with Jon, late night email and text exchanges with Jon and Jon II; not to mention, several weekend discussions (including today).

LR is top shelf.

mhyjek

Established Member
The 'slow' response times were mostly due to it being a man show for a while. Even then, it was worth the wait and nothing serious ever sat in the inbox for long.

Jon and Jon II are both great, and I have a friend who was tuned by Ken who also did a great job.

I've had late night tuning sessions with Jon, late night email and text exchanges with Jon and Jon II; not to mention, several weekend discussions (including today).

LR is top shelf.
Totally agree:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread