Lund tune on 15 mustang

sysquella

Established Member
Hey I just installed Stainless power long tube headers and a gt350 intake manifold on my 15 mustang gt. I have a custom lund racing tune. Has anyone had any problems with the throttle? Cold start my rpm is super low like under 1k. And it stalls. Then while driving from dead stop the throttle is very laggy. Like kinda sluggish. This is my first tune on any car so I don't really know if this is normal. Any help would be nice thanks.

Laztug

Established Member
Ouch! Did you have your tune optimized for your setup?
You may want to contact your vendor to see if something out of place.

My AED FF Idle lope GT350 IM/TB PMAS cai, arh 1 7/8 orx starts like a match the first time....every time.

1quick

Established Member
Data log what the car is doing and send it to Lund through the support ticket system, someone will check it out and probably send you a revised tune

Cyclerick

Established Member
This is why I like a local tuner. I had my car tuned on Wednesday. We did 8 runs and tweaked the tune 4 times to get it to 95% tuned. Then my tuner will review those logs and make final adjustments and we will make a few more runs to confirm it.

Joseph Land

Established Member
You may have a vacuum leak at that adapter or on the manifold itself. Do the logs at low idle and start up and send them to Lund they can tell.

sysquella

Established Member
Yesterday I was driving down freeway and I kept on hearing this kinda like a hissing sound/ whining sound inside the car coming from the passenger side. So I called my installer to ask him. Already sent some stuff to Lund waiting on a reply.

Zodiac

Established Member
I'm having the exact same issue with my Lund tune and stalling out and low idle. It only happens after the first start up. So when I start it and run to the store it's fine. When I start the car again after coming out of the store it does the low idle stalling. When I start it in the morning to go to work it's fine, and when I get done with work it's fine.

I too have the GT350 IM, stock TB and MMR adapter.

Have you had any updates?

How would one datalog the startup/stalling issues?

Last edited:

Venumous

Established Member
No issues when on the same setup as you, self installed, with Lund tune. I think my car was perfect after the first datalog revision. I went Flex Fuel option too as I have E85 close by.

I agree your issue sounds like a Vac leak.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'm voting vac leak as well. Obvious vacuum leak is obvious.

Zodiac

Established Member
It would be easy to assume a vac leak but it doesn't do it every startup. Hell after I installed I broke one of the bolts and had a shop remove the IM and back out the broken bolt, and still have the issue.

Any suggestions to check?

Sorry OP to hijack your thread.

Zodiac

Established Member
As an update got mine fixed, I talked to OP I think he said he gots his fixed as well. Lund sent me a tune for the GT350 throttle body. Finally after datalogs and back and forth I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread