lugs nut washers offset/offcentered

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
why is the washers for my lug nugs off centered? is there a special way to install them, besides what is stamping says "wheel side" (RACE STARS 17x4.5 wheels...) they just don't look right...
thanks

GearsNBeers

Established Member
Aside from the obvious wheel side just put them in so they fit the shape off the wheel. they are oblong and one side faces up and one down. Just spin the wheel and always install them at 6 or 12 o'clock so gravity helps. You know it's right when the stud is in the middle of the washer. You can also use an Alan wrench or some skinny stick to hold them in place while you torque if you get frustrated .

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the older race stars were unilug, meaning they fit ford or chevy, so ford needed an offset washer

the direct drills, (ford only) use a centred washer

if you lug hole is oval, they are unilug, if lug hole is circle you need centered washer

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
the off set washers are bending up when I torque my lug nut down.... and its digging into my wheel. if I use the centered washers they go on just fine. I haven't drove the car yet, ( its raining) will it hurt anything if I use the centered washers with a unilug wheel?
thanks

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
I've tried installing the lug nuts (with the off centered washers) at the 6 o'clock position... with the same results... still bending up!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread