lubelocker gasket

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
Those running lubelocker gaskets with lpw cover. Did you run longer bolts than the ones that came with the cover? I resealed my diff with ford gray rtv and let it sit for 3 or 4 days before I filled it and the diff is still leaking, so lubelocker gasket is my next step. Any info or help is much appreciated!

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Are the bolts longer than the stock ones? I just installed the new Ford Racing diff cover and a lube locker gasket. The diff cover came with longer bolts and so I had no problem with the gasket.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Are the bolts longer than the stock ones? I just installed the new Ford Racing diff cover and a lube locker gasket. The diff cover came with longer bolts and so I had no problem with the gasket.

I'm getting the same diff cover as you. Did you use any rtv or just the lubelocker. I did a search online for reviews of this gasket and saw some both for and against this product.

WHats your opinion??

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
I used rtv the first time and it still leaked. I remember reading a thread awhile back about using longer bolts with the lpw and LL, but I cannot find it now. Just seeing if anybody did use longer bolts or just use the ones lpw shipped with.

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
I've got the lube locker gasket and have yet to see a drop of fluid coming out the cover.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I used the supplied bolts that came with the LPW cover and loctite.

Problem free and she's my daily for now

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I used the bolts that came with the LPW cover and a lubelocker gasket. Torqued bolts per instruction sheet that came with the gasket and not one drop. Of course I had the diff out when I did the work. Can't imagine changing the cover and front/back diff mount bushings without taking it out of the car!

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
i have my diff out right now, when looking online i can only find the LL for 8.8 and it says will not fit front or rear irs?? is that the same one you guys are using or am i missing something? thanks

Satin03

Established Member
I recently had the LubeLocker gasket (part # listed above) and LPW Ultra Pro Series cover installed by using longer bolts. I went with longer ARP stainless bolts (PN 6121250) as recommended in a thread I started some time ago because of the thickness and incompressability of the gasket. You will need two packs of the bolts because they come in packs of 5. And definately NO need for RTV hence the Lube Locker design. Worked like a champ and looks great. NO LEAKS thus far!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...xperience-lubelocker-their-differentials.html

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
This product seems to be one of those that get either great reviews or it gets sucky ones.
I did some furthur research on this and I'm finding it to be a 50/50 item. Some people have great success and others say otherwise. There are alot of variables that come into play. For those that don't have success perhaps the prep was done wrong. ( did you really scrape all that old rtv off?) Or, as we all know, they way people drive their cars could be the difference in the products performance.
At this point I've not been convinced that the LL gasket is anything but a marginal product.
To furthur my doubt, I read a thread on Modular Fords that talked about this product not being good for IRS's due to tourque in the diff which puts more pressure onto the cover blah, blah blah. Makes sense right?. Think about Lubelockers primary target. Jeepers and off roaders. I don't think they are using IRS's in those setups.

It sucks because I really wanted to use this product. Using RTV gives you at least some control over the success of a dry diff cover. I just hope that my choice works for me.

Sagittaria

Established Member
Lube locker here and no leaks with ford racing cover. Ive trashed my rear wheels several times and no issues. Grey rtv and this both work well but i prefer the basket for ease of install and mess.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Diff filled and driven not one drop leaked.

Yeah, Same here. Just had it done. Not one drip after driving it about only 30 miles. Not to rough on it. Parked in garage and not one drip on floor nor on the pumpkin itself.

I'm happy I went this route.

Users who are viewing this thread