LTH + off road H+ Stock mufflers

Kyle55

Established Member
Anyone have a video or heard this setup of long tubes, off road pipe and stock mufflers. Thinking about this setup for power gains without being loud

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Honestly I've heard stock mufflers on a o/r x and h setup and also with stock mufflers and it sounded very odd. If you want a quiet setup but more power I would suggest long tubes. O/r H pipe and gt500.

We carry all the big brands if you need something just ask.

Www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I don't have a video but I ran Kooks LTs, catless X, OAPs with the stockers for a brief time. It sounded okay, kinda tinny, raspy, deeper in tone, definitely mufflered. It wasn't too bad.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Magnaflow Streets are pretty quiet. Or Borla Tourings. I'd say the MF Streets are quieter than GT500s. I've driven a car with Borla Tourings, LTs and O/R X and it was a nice tone and quiet as well.

Last edited:

stangn

Established Member
I run O/R x and cj exhaust cams with borla touring and don't like it at all. It's to loud for me and is boarder line 4x4 truck sounding. Guess glass packed mufflers are that way. I put stock mufflers back on and like how quit it is but boost went from 12 to 14 on a pull, so there a big restriction. I ordered gt500's but waiting on back order.

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
I'm currently running an Off-Road X-Pipe with Stock Mufflers... previously I had Roush Mufflers and it was absurdly loud, you could literally hear the car from miles away at WOT. With the stock mufflers back on, it's very quiet and the TVS is actually louder than the exhaust. I'd say with LTH, you'd be slightly louder but honestly I don't think it's going to be that much louder than stock. GT500's are somewhat louder than the factory mufflers though.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Not sure about the LT's and H-pipe, but I have stock mufflers with the O/R/X and it sounds fine to me. Much quieter than when I had the GT500 mufflers on.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Anyone have a video or heard this setup of long tubes, off road pipe and stock mufflers. Thinking about this setup for power gains without being loud

I had longtubes going to a CATTED H to the stock OAP and stock mufflers. It sounded very quiet and similar to a fox body with flows..... below 3000rpm, past that it sounded weird.

Heck in your sig you have GT500 ABs, use those LTH-OR/H-Stock resonated OAP to GT500ABs. It will not drone and be very quiet.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I know it's not exactly what you are asking but my buddy that traded his car in had steeda off road pipes and everything else was stock. It was louder than you would think by just removing the cats but I wouldn't consider it to sound good. Didn't sound bad but just not what I would call good. Sounded muffled. Imagine that lol

Kyle55

Established Member
thanks for the advice ya I'm gonna try a off road h and if its to loud ill just put the stocker back on. Im not really concerned with WOT loudness that is fine. Its more cold starts at night waking up the neighbors and being to loud in partial throttle. How much louder is a cold start with off road h.

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
thanks for the advice ya I'm gonna try a off road h and if its to loud ill just put the stocker back on. Im not really concerned with WOT loudness that is fine. Its more cold starts at night waking up the neighbors and being to loud in partial throttle. How much louder is a cold start with off road h.

A Offroad H is louder at idle then a Offroad X at least in my experience.

Now catted vs no cats, well it really boils down to what muffler you're going to run. A stock GT muffler with the resonated OAPs should be somewhat quiet on cold starts because it's so choked up.

When I had a loud car and left early in the morning I would coast it down the driveway and fire it up, roll out of the neighborhood and let my car warm up. puttin it out of the area was A LOT quieter then sitting their idling until I reached temp.

Neighbor was a sheriff and never had any issues with people compaining, even had HOA in that neighborhood.

Last edited:

Mr.Window

Woodward ave Hellcat killer
Established Member
Stock mufflers will put catless longtube exhaust on sleeper status, cold start will be quiet and wot will sound a little raspy without being screaming loud. I think it sounds decent.
Add Gt500s, you aint foolin nobody it will sound sweet.
Forget it, just Go with race bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread