LT install Advice

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
Hey guys im going to be installing kooks LT very soon with a buddy. Im wondering from people with experience do you have any advice or things I should know before going to do this like having to bend the oil dipstick ect. I am going to follow the header install with the 01 bullitt.
Welcome to FnSweet.com

EVO-lution

Established Member
Good Luck lol. advice?....spray every bolt with PB or some type of bolt loosener the night before. then once again in the morning.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Use good quality headers!!! I used a hoist, and had my k member dropped, stock h pipe off, and manifolds out in 2 hours. My car was 5 years old, and had 25,000 miles on her.
Make sure you have the inverted torx socket for the abs sensors that have to come out.

memach1

Established Member
I have did it on the ground with gearwrench 3/8" and 13mm flex ratchet wrenches, and a 1/4" ratchet with a couple of extensions. Would not even try it without the ratchet wrenches. I had to buy a lokar braided oil dipstick tube cause I mangled my stock one trying to make it fit.

Last edited:

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
ok all do that we are doing it on jack stands and we have all the tools that are needed to do the job are ford oem gaskets the best to go with and stage 8 header bolt?

EVO-lution

Established Member
yea you'll want to get grade 8 bolts. I would look for a stronger gasket. don't want to install the wrong ones and then have to do the job all over just to replace gaskets. Kooks sells gaskets too for about $25.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Ford OEM gaskets are the preferred gasket to use from all I have seen.

I used the Kooks gaskets because I couldn't get the OEM ones in time. Guess I'll find out what happens.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
I didn't do the install due to my time frame of heading out for 5 months. I'll check and see if the tube was bent and get you an answer in the morning.

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
Best advice.... Pay a good shop to do it for you and when they take it off the lift they will run a dyno on it. If its a good shop that is.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
no shop around here will tune the car after and will charge an arm and leg all be fine with the install how much hp did you pick up after your LT install?

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
no shop around here will tune the car after and will charge an arm and leg all be fine with the install how much hp did you pick up after your LT install?

you might want to at least get it on a dyno to make sure your AF is good if you have more airflow and the same amout of fuel you might be running lean and that could be a no no down the road

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Stock i layed down 260rwhp/285tq, and after the hooker 1 5/8 longtubes, and o/r x pipe i made 272/293. But then with a dyno tune i layed down 290/307, then with a PSR intake from NAZ i layed down 299/208. All SAE numbers.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
Hey guys i got my LT done i didnt take the k member off but lowered it a few inches to get at everything i put everything back togeather and after about 15min of driving the front pass side brake started making noise i think the pad wont release all the way the driver side seems to do the same but not nearly as bad when i took the brakes off i did not disconnect any brake lines and they seem to be fine anyone have ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread