LT Headers for my setups

demas

Established Member
Hey guys,
I started to look on some LT headers and i have got some questions regarding what can be the best for me.
Right now this is my exhaust setup which is CRAZY LOUD:
Lethal O/R H-Pipe, Borla S-Type GT500 Catback (Resonators delete)

1. Which LT headers would you recommend that can fit the Lethal O/F H-pipe i already have?
2. Is this going to much even more loud after switching to LT headers and using my current O/R H pipe?
3. Is it worth it? performance wise and sound -wise?

Thanks!!

kingcobra323

Established Member
Its gonna be louder. But also a different tone. I went from my off-road h and added kooks Lts mids actually. Since I ran cat deletes muffler shop cut them back like 5inches and attacted there. I got my kooks from Maryland Speed for 875$ 1 3/4"

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

PC03GT

Established Member
I went from the lethal h pipe to kooks longtubes and o/r h pipe. At idle I would say the lethal is louder, the longtubes have a deeper richer sound IMO. The car breathes so much easier also

demas

Established Member
So if I'm gonna replace the whole mid pipe with the LT would you recommend on kooks? Is there any good option besides that? It's pretty pricey

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
We have had no issues with our Pypes (no steering shaft or the header hitting on the body). You can now get a shorty h pipe along with their x pipe.

noldevin

Established Member
Headers will definitely make it louder. I didn't think it would make much difference, but I have a similar setup to yours and the headers pushed the (cruising) noise level over the top for me.
I had single-tip GT Borla S-types, pypes offroad H, and stock over axle pipes with resonators.
I've been hunting for the right axlebacks ever since.

demas

Established Member
Headers will definitely make it louder. I didn't think it would make much difference, but I have a similar setup to yours and the headers pushed the (cruising) noise level over the top for me.
I had single-tip GT Borla S-types, pypes offroad H, and stock over axle pipes with resonators.
I've been hunting for the right axlebacks ever since.

Which LT do you have?

demas

Established Member
So I narrowed the options to 2:
MBRP with Off-road H pipe
ARH with Off-road H pipe

What do you say?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
ARH
Kooks

Those are the higher quality headers out there.

I ran Kooks 1-3/4" LT's with Kooks O/R 3" H-pipe and Borla S-Types. Sounded great.

If you're in the market, I've got a set of Borla S-Types with about 3,500 miles from my '14 GT since you're in IL.

Make sure you shop around for the best deals on ARH Headers.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
any brand will do you good

we have the arh, kooks, mbrp, stainless works, stainless power, and pypes available

the pypes and stainless power are a great option for the $, so is the mbrp,

the quality of all of them are very nice

let me know if we can help at all
beef
513-478-1965

GBCoyote

Established Member
any brand will do you good

we have the arh, kooks, mbrp, stainless works, stainless power, and pypes available

the pypes and stainless power are a great option for the $, so is the mbrp,

the quality of all of them are very nice

let me know if we can help at all
beef
513-478-1965

What issues are people running into with E85 using certain brands of headers, though? I know the 02's are getting burnt out left and right because of the placement.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
None of the long tube headers will fit with your offroad H pipe. All long tubes will require you to go with their shorty mid-pipe. As far as how loud it will be, that depends on what axleback or catback you are running. It will probably be a bit louder but not by a whole lot since you currently have an offroad H-pipe and resonator delete. Performance and sound wise should be worth it. Nothing sounds better than long tubes and you should notice some nice low end torque gains. If you are looking to quiet it down you may want to switch your mufflers to the borla touring, magnaflow street, or GT500 axleback.

Also this is just what I have heard but kooks is supposed to have the best o2 sensor placement for running E85, if you decide to go that route. But in regards to performance pretty much any of the choices should make the same amount of power.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
None of the long tube headers will fit with your offroad H pipe.

Also this is just what I have heard but kooks is supposed to have the best o2 sensor placement for running E85, if you decide to go that route. But in regards to performance pretty much any of the choices should make the same amount of power.

Not entirely true about mid-pipe fitment, The JPC/LTH headers were designed to use the OE mid-pipe. I've been looking at those but waiting for my warranty to expire which will happen after the new year. I'll probably buy a set for Black Friday.

http://www.jpcracing.com/lth-2011-up-mustang-gt-boss-1-3-4-coated-stainless-steel-long-tube-headers/

Also any competent exhaust shop should be able to modify whatever mid pipe you have to fit whatever headers a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new pipe.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Not entirely true about mid-pipe fitment, The JPC/LTH headers were designed to use the OE mid-pipe. I've been looking at those but waiting for my warranty to expire which will happen after the new year. I'll probably buy a set for Black Friday.

http://www.jpcracing.com/lth-2011-up-mustang-gt-boss-1-3-4-coated-stainless-steel-long-tube-headers/

Also any competent exhaust shop should be able to modify whatever mid pipe you have to fit whatever headers a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new pipe.

While this is true with the LTH headers and the stock H-pipe, the lethal offroad H-pipe would need to be modified to connect to the LTH headers because it does not have the ball and socket type connection that the stock H pipe has. Also you may run into issues of trying to find an exhaust shop that will work on an exhaust with no cats. If it was me I would just sell the lethal offroad H-pipe and get the headers with the matching midpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread