LT header install

19ClearCobra96

Established Member
Well I finally ordered my LT BBK ceramic headers and off road H pipe today and was wondering what else I need to buy/borrow and what not to get the job done without having to run out in the middle of the install to get something. I think I need to get some OEM gaskets, is that all?

Mhissticobra

Established Member
A set of MIL eliminators (wink wink selling mine for $45 shipped wink wink) some 02 entensions and some new gaskets.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Apperatly the gaskets that come with the headers blow nuts. Get some fel pro's (identical to stock) gastkets from auto zone for like $8.00.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Use the Ford stock gaskets only. They are the best. Mine still looked like new with 80k on the clock. Also use the stock stud and nut wherever you can. Anyplace there isn't enough room use the supplied bolts. DO NOT use the paper gaskets that come with the headers.

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
If you going to drop the K-member there will be alot of room and I used stage 8 locking header bolts. Never have to worry about a leak again :D

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I used loc tite and have no leaks. If I didn't use loctite I would want them to seize. This is not something you want to do twice, believe me.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
you need to let us know how it went and if you would do it again or not? I just got my bbk long tubes today also :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread