LSD? Torsen or Qualife...

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
I heard that the Qualife costs more than the Torsen and the Torsen is newer on the market. Is either one of these better than the other? Differences?

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
Wow that's going to be alot of work to put in. Don't you have the split the tranny casing to get it in there?

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
The last focus fanitic mag had an article on how to install the quaife. I don't think they split the case. I'll try to find the mag and let you know. I do not think that torsen makes a diff to fit the svt. The quaife to fit a focus is around $600, the one for the SVT is an additional $400. Just happens to be the next investment on my car.

Last edited:

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Anaxagoras - I might do it at the same time as a new clutch/flywheel combo so it will be a fun little project if I decide to go through with it. I also heard that it is really hard. I also think that you do in fact need to split the case cause I think you are supposed to use a Ford tool to get it open

bobo - i am not sure but i think Torsen might be coming out with one soon if its not already out (cheaper than qualife)

Last edited:

HTPerformance

The Quaife is better due to the torque bias ratio? Quaife was 4.5:1 and the Torsen was 2.5:1. Quaife will even warranty the part for use in Motorsports/racing, so no worries there, but Torsen?? who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread