LS3 peeps ? Turn me to the dark side

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
**** it, YOLO !

lol, if I wasn't so responsible with my spending it would already be sitting in my garage. There's 2 somewhat local to me that are burning holes in my pocket.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
These threads always get me thinking. C5Z vs C6. C6Z vs C7. Which way to go? I was in the C5Z vs C6 debate, and went with a C6 with LS2. I like pulling the roof off.
Or C7Z vs C8.....

That's always been a huge issue for me with Vettes, each new generation ruins the previous.

I was never super hot on the melted Rx7 look of the C5, and was like Dayum, imma get one of those C6s when they hit $25k.

But then the C7 came out and it was like, gawd those C6s look plain and boring. C7 straight fire! When I can get one for Thirt..... C8 is a mid engine super car now!!! O_O!!!

And now that I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for the C5Z and it's grown on me... I bet prices will sky rocket.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
This is a dangerous thread. No denying how bitchin’ c5z’s are for a weekend hotrod/go kart. Cheap enough to close your eyes and write a check for it.
Or see your credit union and pay $150/m for it. Cancel the cable bill and you'll more thrills for the same money.

Rct851

Established Member
Or see your credit union and pay $150/m for it. Cancel the cable bill and you'll more thrills for the same money.

I’ve never financed anything other then a new vehicle. I always assumed auto loans on 15yr+ old cars weren’t at great interest rates.

You’re right though. At $150 you can really start playing these “tit for tat” games really easily and find the money.

What’s funny is I have the bug to build a fairly legit Iracing rig right now and by the time it’s all said and done the total cost would cover a $150 car payment for a loooong time.

Best case scenario is this market bottom gets player correctly and we don’t have to choose one of the other.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Or if you can find one since they are extremely limited would be a Callaway Vette. Liked my dads 2015 627SC Stingray. With a far better rotor housing and design over what GM put in the C7 Z06. Sadly he had a stroke in Oct so lost it since I just turned it in as he'll never get to drive again as he is now pretty much blind. But this thing you could push and not once would it go into limp mode or become heat soaked. I took it up to 155 MPH and the thing still wanted to pull like a freight train.

But again Callaway only makes about 25 to maybe 50 vettes a year. Never ran into another C7 Callaway and they been out since late 2014, Don't know what they got planned for the C8 but it is in their lineup.

This Vette here was $97,000 new about $70,000 from GM the rest was the Cally package in 2015 but he got it for a flat $50,000 with just a tick over 15,000 miles in March of last year. If I ever do come across one for around $40,000 I would seriously have to think about it.

IMG_1012.JPG

RX1Cobra

Established Member
AZ is a Federal OBD2 emissions state. 1996+ is OBD2 plug in check only. No visual inspection. Buddy had a 1996 Civic hatch ego-killer making 800 to the wheels. Had the Turbo sticking out the hood. Smog tech pulled him in, plugged in OBD2 and he passed. lmao welcome to AZ

IL is like that too. My car passes smog with an OR x pipe on it.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve never financed anything other then a new vehicle. I always assumed auto loans on 15yr+ old cars weren’t at great interest rates.

You’re right though. At $150 you can really start playing these “tit for tat” games really easily and find the money.

What’s funny is I have the bug to build a fairly legit Iracing rig right now and by the time it’s all said and done the total cost would cover a $150 car payment for a loooong time.

Best case scenario is this market bottom gets player correctly and we don’t have to choose one of the other.
All depends on value of car, how much your borrowing, your credit rating, term and the union. Typically, you can easily get under 4-5% for 60/m.

So, just a CZ7 for example.

$19,500 retail value
Sale $17,500 - $5,000 down = $12,500 loan

So $228/m @ 3.7 * 60m = $1,211 in interest.

If you had to sell, obviously you can unload a C5Z for $12,500 in hours. Short of car damage there's no way you get upside down like you would with a newer Vette.

Setup weekly payment of $75/w and you'll pay $3,900 a year compared to $2,736 and basically cut your interest cost in half and pay it off a year sooner.

Can you trim $75/w to find room for a C5Z in your life?

C5Zs will only appreciate, and currency will only depreciate...

Rct851

Established Member
All depends on value of car, how much your borrowing, your credit rating, term and the union. Typically, you can easily get under 4-5% for 60/m.

So, just a CZ7 for example.

$19,500 retail value
Sale $17,500 - $5,000 down = $12,500 loan

So $228/m @ 3.7 * 60m = $1,211 in interest.

If you had to sell, obviously you can unload a C5Z for $12,500 in hours. Short of car damage there's no way you get upside down like you would with a newer Vette.

Setup weekly payment of $75/w and you'll pay $3,900 a year compared to $2,736 and basically cut your interest cost in half and pay it off a year sooner.

Can you trim $75/w to find room for a C5Z in your life?

C5Zs will only appreciate, and currency will only depreciate...

I get the math I just assumed banks would want 10%+ due to the cars age. Wasn’t sure if the bank would see the “value” the typical cult buyer sees in a c5z.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I get the math I just assumed banks would want 10%+ due to the cars age. Wasn’t sure if the bank would see the “value” the typical cult buyer sees in a c5z.

Check credit unions. Every now and then they run ridiculous rates on auto loans.

My brother bought a ‘98 Cobra off a forum member here in 2015 or ‘16, financed close to 8,000 at 0.9%

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

your interest rates are more so geared towards your credit.
I bought my pickup technically used because it had a few thousand miles on it but because I have great credit my interest rate was very close to what it would have been for a brand new truck.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
They just run Nada or KBB.

It only gets tricky if those don't show an accurate value. C5Z is $19,500. Most will give you 110% of a blue book price without blinking. So if your tossing money down, it's super easy.

As mentioned, you can get sub 1%, but typically your in the 3-6% range with +700 credit.

Where you'll get jammed up is some cars do not have accurate book values. A Terminator is $14k, so good luck getting $30k for that 4-digit mileage factory packaged car.

Same for even a 2013 GT500, book is $35k, so again, uphill battle if you want to finance that $60k 1000whp car.

nxhappy

Established Member
whats a super clean c5z worth with under 50k miles? are they appreciating ?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
what people are still asking and what the internet says it's worth vary. excellent condition around 20
Yeah, 15-20k. A lot of variables. I suspect they've bottomed out and in maybe 5-7 years will appreciate.

People will be nostalgic for simpler manual Corvettes and recovering from this CCP Virus crap.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, 15-20k. A lot of variables. I suspect they've bottomed out and in maybe 5-7 years will appreciate.

People will be nostalgic for simpler manual Corvettes and recovering from this CCP Virus crap.

I'm literally sitting at my computer desk right now trying to talk myself out of buying a c6z I found nearby just to try and bring some sense of normalcy back to life.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Like many of you, I wish hadn't read all this. My brother-in-law has an '02 Electron Blue Z that he never drives. I drove it twice and loved everything about it aside from getting in and out. I'm only 5'10" 190 and he's 6'3ish and north of 300lbs so not sure how he does it. Maybe I should dump the RS and make him an offer. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread