LS3 are making crazy power..2013 1LE Camaro 491/440 Cam/bolt ons/Stock heads

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I like Martin, have ran his MCs in my C5Z and have one in my F-body...He and brian tooley are the go to guys for valvetrain stuff as well, can't go wrong with Tick and BTR....

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I like Martin, have ran his MCs in my C5Z and have one in my F-body...He and brian tooley are the go to guys for valvetrain stuff as well, can't go wrong with Tick and BTR....

Its interesting to see the swing...It seems before everyone had a TSP, Thunder, or Comp (etc etc). Now you rarely hear of those guys.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Its interesting to see the swing...It seems before everyone had a TSP, Thunder, or Comp (etc etc). Now you rarely hear of those guys.

very true, they seem to out of the picture, thunder is completely gone...I used to have a Thunder TRex, cam only (I know, I know) made 412 RWHP in my 4th gen F-boat...not bad for a little el es juan... I believe Martin and Brian still use comp lobes in their grinds though. Everyone else seems to be using cam motion lobes nowadays.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
TSP has not had anything ground breaking since the Magic Stick 4 which I have run in a GTO. Thunder went under and stole people's money in the process. Comp still makes a killing as most shops use a combination of their lobes to create custom cams that they call their own.

Edit ^^^^^ beat me to it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Clearly I like the LS series engines...ive owned almost 20 cars with that engine series in it. However, you cant be serious that is the the BEST one you can remember.....a video showing a solid producing 5.0 vs a solid producing Z06 running...and I comment on the Z06 making good power...nothiing bad about the 5.0 in the slightest bit..and without fail...with overwhelming proof..I must be a loyalist? You cant be serious.

If you actually had proof..you would have posted something about me bagging on a Ford.

I dont know for sure (assuming like you did) but i think chabra was making his comment with a generalization to how those comments normally go. Not with hardened evidence like you have with my thread after thread and comment after comment bashing anyhting Ford (which would include my current car and other Fords ive owned).
Of course its the best one I can remember, a 5.0 putting an additional 350rwhp doesnt get praise, but a blown c6z with +250rwhp does? :lol:

Nut hugging is nut hugging, never said you bagged on ford. This thread is proof in itself: "hey guise, the ls3 is a pretty stout motor, just wanted to show you guise. Btw not a GM fanboy".

:lol1:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I am a ford fanboy and let me tell you, being a ford fanboy is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, ford fanboy parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Of course its the best one I can remember, a 5.0 putting an additional 350rwhp doesnt get praise, but a blown c6z with +250rwhp does? :lol:

Nut hugging is nut hugging, never said you bagged on ford. This thread is proof in itself: "hey guise, the ls3 is a pretty stout motor, just wanted to show you guise. Btw not a GM fanboy".

:lol1:

you must be speaking about the +350rwhp 5.0 that got beat. Clearly i spend i bit of time on LS1tech. Saw a very solid dyno of a fairly minimally modded car. Not the end of the world. Just odd you took the time and effort to add nothing to this thread seemingly on purpose. That is all.

Last edited:

NinjaBum

Established Member
Pretty cool. My C6 made almost 400whp with headers only through the slushbox. Only 30hp less than my LS2 GTO did with Cam+bolt ons. Would have been more impressive numberswise through a stick, but the LS3 is pretty sweet for a beefy NA build.

I'd like to be 460-470ish just cause my C5 on motor was 460whp so it was a bit quicker than this car. I just don't want to overmod and wind up regretting it like I have before.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
you must be speaking about the +350rwhp 5.0 that got beat. Clearly i spend i bit of time on LS1tech. Saw a very solid dyno of a fairly minimally modded car. Not the end of the world. Just odd you took the time and effort to add nothing to this thread seemingly on purpose. That is all.
Didnt mean to derail this thread at all. :beer:

I don't have an allegiance to one specific brand, I love em all, cept the camaro.
But after reading up on ls3 and ls7 (here on SVTP), the ls3 is a better platform to start off of. Is that correct?
For typical LS mods, say H/C/I and maybe even long tubes, the ls7 is the way to go right?
FI and beyond = ls3?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Didnt mean to derail this thread at all. :beer:

I don't have an allegiance to one specific brand, I love em all, cept the camaro.
But after reading up on ls3 and ls7 (here on SVTP), the ls3 is a better platform to start off of. Is that correct?
For typical LS mods, say H/C/I and maybe even long tubes, the ls7 is the way to go right?
FI and beyond = ls3?
That's about right although I'd like to see this car with a Vengeance Ported Fast 102 intake and TB, ported heads, UP, and E85.

But it still couldn't outrun its fat ass

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I just bought a 1LE last month! It's an amazing machine! I could afford $65K for a GT 500....
brm1le3_zps13e51ae2.jpg

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
I agree that it's certainly nothing new, but this is the direction modern engine technology has driven us. Coyote's can put down 470-480 with a cam swap and exhaust even on the stock intake manifold. I put down 483 with a coyote with a simple manifold swap, exhaust and good fuel. With manufacturers producing motors with heads flowing 300-320 cfm, it's only a matter of getting the other engine peripherals in line. It's simple math and airflow dynamics, the coyote isn't any more impressive because it still takes 1500 extra rpm to make up for the cubic inch deficiency. LS3 platforms are amazing to work from if your looking for streetable N/A power, I'm just a die hard ford so I took a different approach. My 6.2 raptor motor has heads that went 350/230 with mild porting and in a few weeks once my Liberty TKO setup is finished I'm sure it'll put out 490-500 on pump gas with only 9.8:1 compression. This is with cams that are all wrong and only 9 degrees of overlap. Either way, pick your poison; it's a great time to be a hot rodder. :beer:

Matt

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Touche lol...but....we all know how SVT can be and I have been on here a while so it was more say I wasnt posting to ruffle feathers but more show a solid producing setup. Without even questioning it....if I am buying a new pony car...its gonna be a 5.0 and I have said that dozens of times.

i think even the gm fan boys (4u 2 nv) would agree that svtp is much more liberal to the opposite brands than ls1tech….those guys are the rush limbaughs of the forums….of course you're a gm fan boy lol ever owned anything but a gm product???

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member

I hope in no way are you even comparing a MUCH more efficient motor'd car to that buffalo'maro? That douchebag from ls1tech with the zl1 and his billion shot car that couldn't in a fair race pull a blower 5.0…now a HCI c6z on a big kit is something i'd be all about :)

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
i think even the gm fan boys (4u 2 nv) would agree that svtp is much more liberal to the opposite brands than ls1tech….those guys are the rush limbaughs of the forums….of course you're a gm fan boy lol ever owned anything but a gm product???
Agree 100% with this. I have owned 2 Terminators from 480-670rwhp, 2 GTO from 465-625rwhp, CTS-V, STI, EVO, DSM, you name it. I still come here the most as there are more true enthusiast than most sites.

Users who are viewing this thread