Ls2 Gto

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Met a red one (with a red "G T O" banner over the windshield) on Airline, last evening. He had a passenger, I was alone with a full tank. I'm CAI/Catback, he's loud with a polished stainless catback (Borla, maybe?) at the minimum.

First run: He pulled out behind me and I stayed in second. Around 40, he came by and punched it and got the jump, I followed suit, not much movement until I missed third and he didn't. GTO 1, Cobra 0.

Second run: He slowed to 45, I caught up, matched and honked it off, this time. Pulled half a car to top of second, another in third, he bailed (I think) right after I took fourth, maybe two or three cars back. GTO 1, Cobra 1.

Third run: He caught up and rolled down the window. Wanted to go from 30. I obliged, he honked it off. I stomped the pedal, rather than rolling into it (adrenaline is a bitch) so first gear was nothing but a spin-fest for me, and I bailed without even trying second. GTO 2, Cobra 1.

Without driver error, it was clear that the cars were close, with the nod to the Cobra's third gear pull. It was reasonable air, but I had just "played around" full boost a couple of times with a C6 'vert, five minutes before, and was a bit heat-soaked. I'd like meet him again and try from a dig and a very slow roll...

Props to a fast car, and I really need to up the boost :idea:

02stampede

Established Member
Yeah they are nothing to sneeze at. I ran my buddies 04 goat a while back. We did 2 from a dig and one 20 roll. From the dig we were even until I grabbed 2nd. then I pulled pretty hard. On the roll I was in 2nd gear and didnt really pull until I got the rpms up there. pretty much after I grabbed 3rd every time I was pullin bus lengths on him. He only had CAI and a tune on the 5.7. They are respectable cars stock but a modded one can surprise you pretty easily.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
he probably had longtubes and a tune at least--that really wakes these cars up. my car got a fair amount faster with a catback and an intake, but nothing like it would have with longtubes.

there's a guy local to me, that dynoed 418rwhp with longtubes, mild cam, intake and a tune. he has cats and the stock catback, which is surprisingly stout in these cars--nice, 2.5" heavy guage tubing, but with HUGE mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread