LS2 Camaro vs Cobra... tonight..

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
I am racing my buddy in a couple hours. He has a ls2 camaro. I have only raced him with his cut out closed, it made 470 that way(we ran even with it closed) It makes 498 with it open..... how bad am i gonna get it with it open.
Its pretty cool out tonite so i think it will be close... I made 450 on a mustang dyno.. I will post the video after it happens.:beer:

mebetter

Established Member
I am racing my buddy in a couple hours. He has a ls2 camaro. I have only raced him with his cut out closed, it made 470 that way(we ran even with it closed) It makes 498 with it open..... how bad am i gonna get it with it open.
Its pretty cool out tonite so i think it will be close... I made 450 on a mustang dyno.. I will post the video after it happens.:beer:

Whats wrong is your lil ol 281 afraid of the mighty lsx?

Last edited:

Swaie

Established Member
^^^^Damn! Those are some big numbers...what does he have done

2k3gt

Established Member
I'll check back on this one..I've always wanted a shot at a pullied terminator.

Holy crap, looks like you drive almost the exact same car that he's racing haha. I'm sure you're more curious of the outcome than all of us.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
He makes 470 with a cutout closed and 498 with it open? Ive never seen anyone dyno that much with a cutout....

I'd like to know what all he has done. Im guessing Heads,Cam and boltons.

Last edited:

rio95cobra

Established Member
amazing the difference a cutout can do... not doubting it at all, ive seen numbers very similar to his w/ and w/out it open. Good luck to ya man! make him race at your roll

divided

Established Member
Lets see if your sig holds true. He might have the edge though. Of course anything can happen.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
LOL, why do people post threads like this? Just wait until AFTER the race and post the results/video. Now people are looking at the thread only to find out there's nothing to look at:bash:

LS2GTO

Established Member
I guess he got drugged up by that LS2 last night and the guy's just trying to sleep it off this morning. I'd give him a couple of hours before he wakes

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
Okay guys sorry didnt get in till 4 this morning.
The camaro is a 2000 it has a built ls2, patriot head, cam, full exhuast. Im sure theres more but i dont know all of it.
We did a roll race heading to the spot, he got my by about one car(10mph-120is)

When we got to the spot we ran into all kinds of issues. The first issue was traction. Put when we would both hook up it would be dead even, until i hit another problem.
Then for some reason my car is dropping boost, im talking like down to 3psi or something(thinking its the bypass). My buddy did the filming so once he puts it up on the net ill post them up.

And yes mebetter i think my 281 had bitten into more then it could handle, considering he has a 404.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread