LS1 Vs. Very quick 4 banger

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Well, I have never been beaten on the street before, and my only losses at the track have gone to a drop in 460ci. powered first gen Mach 1, and a Supercharged C5 which I would have beat with my current setup. I call the following race a draw.

So, fate deals me my match today in the form of a Turbo Integra. Clean car, dark grey, no stickers, black 5 star rims, larger exhaust but sounds clean. The only give-away was that his A-pillar looked like mission control, and he had a Dynamic Turbo license plate frame.

I see him come up from behind in traffic on the xpressway and he paces me at 70mph. Traffic is thick, so we just pace for about 3-4 minutes. A small clearing breaks and I test him. At 70, I drop to 3rd and hit it. I pull about 2-3 cars, but then something erie happens, I stop pulling and he's on par 'till 110. I'm like Hmmmm. Quick car.

After we both slow, (and this is the only stupid "ricer" thing he does during the course of events) he pulls a crazy side-median stunt to get in front of me.
I laugh and think "OK?! whatever!"

So, we pace each other again, and I want to run him again to see what this stealthy import had in it. We pace about 2 miles, passed a toll, where he waits for me by slowing down. About 2 more miles and traffic thins out big time, and there's about 1/2 mile clear ahead on a 5 lane wide portion peppered with a few cars here and there. At this point I decide I would run behind him and not change lanes, as to keep a straight line (run behind him also, so he could not bitch about not getting the jump). If was faster, I'd ride his bumper so he gets the point, but I was not gonna do any swerving/lane changes as the scenario was already not the best with occassional cars present.

So, at a 50mph roll, we give the sign, he takes off, I pull behind him and drop down to 2nd, jump, hit the limiter quickly, 3rd, EVEN, then I reel in a bit at high revs, 4th, Miss 4th, quickly recover, lost a bit of ground, but quickly regained, rode his bumper 'till about 125, we both shut down.

The ENTIRE race was measured by who pulled a 1/4 car on who (from a 1 car gap), till about 100, that's when I simply rode his bumper (easing a tiny bit off the gas) till shut down at 125.

That was one fast Teg. I motioned for him to pull over and we chatted. He has VTEC (1st word to come out of his mouth), and says he was running about 12 PSI, with max capability at 24psi (but says he did not push that).
When I asked what he's run, he said 11.4 sec 1/4 boosting max, but that he can't control the torque steer at that boost. Also said puts down 460 at full boost.

His interior seemed to have gone on a slight diet also. Engine compartment clean, simple, no bling.

I complimented him on his nice ride and told him that all import dudes should be like him (except for his side/shoulder median stunts).

So! Time for Heads! :coolman:

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
There is a girl in this area with a turbo integra and she has hurt a ton of guys around here.

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra #2100
Damn. He must have had some money in that car too run with you. Good job though.

Basic reponse to any 4 banger beating/hanging with a v8.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Of course the integra had some money invested for mods, but so did the Z28. As for who had the most combined money invested, I don't know. But let's not turn this into another import vs. domestic discussion. There's plenty of those around already.

It sounds like the integra guy was pretty cool, aside from the median move.

I'm not sure I understand why people race by riding the other cars bumper though. Wouldn't it be safer to just switch lanes? Plus it would be easier to tell which car is faster.

Last edited:

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
EvoOwner, I rode his bumper 'cause we were passing people while driving on the left lane. If I were in the other 4 lanes, it woulda been a weavefest. Not my game.
Also, rode his bumper in 4th by letting off the gas some. I feel I coulda pulled on him post 100mph. But definately not before.

My mods:

231/237 .598/.595 112 cam
Stock Heads
Intake lid, Crank pulley.
Long Tube Headers, 3" True Duals X- pipe
4.10 gears in stock rear, stock clutch.

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Stage II heads. Should put me around 440-450rwhp.

Already ordered a 9" rear end, so deduct about 15hp, but the capability to launch like a bat outta hell compensates big time.

So, needs me a Ford product to handle the power...

Last edited:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
EvoOwner, I rode his bumper 'cause we were passing people while driving on the left lane. If I were in the other 4 lanes, it woulda been a weavefest. Not my game.
Also, rode his bumper in 4th by letting off the gas some. I feel I coulda pulled on him post 100mph. But definately not before.

Agreed on the weavefest. Not only is it unsafe and considered reckless driving, but it attracts attention to yourself as well (cops). Not my game either.

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
put some nos or that nawz stuff on it. but be careful, though; I here nawz is more powerful than nos.

every car needs nos.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yea good race, too bad about the traffic situation. I heard from some of the import guys, nawz is n2o2 instead of n2o, almost a liquid, very powerful, a 35 jet gives you a 150 shot. Just kidding guys couldn't help it. :beer:

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Originally posted by Jman20427
Good run. Maybe you should have some N20 just for some insurance. You have a very healthy LS1.

I like going the NA route. But thanks anyways. Who knows, maybe a 100 shot wet kit is in my future. That would make my setup a serious contender.

Users who are viewing this thread