LS1 VS STi, 04 Cobra didnt want to Play :(

BPLS1

Established Member
I was on my eay to work this mourning when i see this Blue STi coming up on me Real Fast. He tried to do a Fly by on me but i wouldnt have it so as soon as we were even i down shifted and Punched it. I stopped his pull and put about 1 car to 1 1/2 cars on him. He had exhaust and Blow off valve. Im pretty sure he other things because i usually leave STis especially on a roll. As we finished up our race we pasted up this Bad ass Siver 04 Cobra. we both down shifted with him in the middle and both punched it but he didn't want to Play :cuss:. it appeared and Sounded Stock so it would have been good :beer:

jake19_2

Established Member
Try running a kb cobra at 19 psi with a 100 shot on it next time and let me know the results.

Just messing with you... beating predator to the punch.

RealQuick

Established Member
jake19_2 said:
Try running a kb cobra at 19 psi with a 100 shot on it next time and let me know the results.

Just messing with you... beating predator to the punch.

:lol: :poke:

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
blow off valve is the sign of a noob modder for an STi. In stock form the STi has a bypass valve which actually recirculates the air (instead of releasing it to the atmosphere like a BoV) and the computer is expecting that. So if anything a BoV will cause you to run rich and possibly lose some power, they are only good if you are running a big aftermarket turbo and sick boost that the stock bpv can't handle >22psi.

So whenever you guys beat an STi w/ a BoV just know he was a noob :bash:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
drdome99 said:
blow off valve is the sign of a noob modder for an STi. In stock form the STi has a bypass valve which actually recirculates the air (instead of releasing it to the atmosphere like a BoV) and the computer is expecting that. So if anything a BoV will cause you to run rich and possibly lose some power, they are only good if you are running a big aftermarket turbo and sick boost that the stock bpv can't handle >22psi.

Nice car, and nice rotty. I have two german rottys, one male one female. Male is 130, the female is 100.

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
drdome99 said:

Same thing happened with my buddies STi, he took the BOV off within a week. He had the Turbo XS RFL, sounded sweet but didnt work to well, he was complaining of losing boost.

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
Do not know much about STI's, but my Brother stock STI gives my Saleen E more of a run than a friends modified STI. STI's are very sensitive to upgrades I would think, and I guess you have to pick the right parts to be beneficial. It could be many factory like temperature and drivers but I swear the Stock STI is faster than my friends STI.

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
yea you can easily mis-mod an STi. Intakes and BoVs are cheap and easy to install so a lot of people do them when they really don't do much and lots of people end up removing them and selling them after a month or so complaining of bad idle, stalling, or boost loss. The stock intake is basically a ram-air with an inlet right at the front of the grille, the stock intake does not become a bottleneck until applications >400hp at the wheels.

Here is a pic of my engine bay so you can get an idea of what I mean by a ram air intake inlet, it is the big black thing on the bottom left of the pic
samcosmall.jpg

Also people that get UTEC or other types of engine management that are supposed to be tuned will actually run slower/less power when the run the base maps that come on the EM. My STi put down 234hp/228ft-lb and was running rich as crap on the first run with the UTEC base map, stock cars on the dyno I was on put down 240/240

Users who are viewing this thread