LS1 vs Mach 1

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
LS1= 6spd free mods
Mach 1=5spd shifter and mufflers
Well here is the story. All of my friends and I have pretty quick cars. GT's, Cobras, Mach's, LS1's, STi's, Talons, MR2's, you name it and we have a friend with it just about. We love to talk smack to each other, since its all in good fun with us. Anyways a friend of mine dyno'd his LS1 the other day, and with just free mods (MAF screen delete, LID cutout, and throttle body bypass) he dyno'd 315 rwhp and 330 rwtq!! Pretty stout #'s to say the least. So of course we talk some mess and we end up running from a 20-120 punch, and a 40-120 punch. On the 20 punch I jumped out half a car, and then through the gears we were door to door, and then finally at around 115-120 he put about a car on me. Second run from the 40 punch was the same, but this time I shifted consistently around 6300. At about 115 he had half a car on me. So in the end, I lost twice to a pretty stout LS1, and my mods consist of a Tri-Ax and welded in 2 chamber flows (original series).Vid to follow soon. :rockon:

DA_MYSTIK_1

Established Member
GOOD RUN SHOULD OF RACED HIM FROM A STOP AND LAUCH AROUND 25K RPM U WOULD OF GOT THE JUMP IF U HAVE DRS N DEPENDING ON HOW FAST U SHIFT PULL A CAR OR 2 ON HIM. JUST MY .2 CENTS

ralphy1798

Established Member
Originally posted by DA_MYSTIK_1
GOOD RUN SHOULD OF RACED HIM FROM A STOP AND LAUCH AROUND 25K RPM U WOULD OF GOT THE JUMP IF U HAVE DRS N DEPENDING ON HOW FAST U SHIFT PULL A CAR OR 2 ON HIM. JUST MY .2 CENTS

should've also taken caps lock off!!! :lol: :nonono:

and 25k RPMS!!!! JESUS!!! does he have that new rotary mach1???

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
well I am a decent driver, but got alot to improve on. fastest car in the group is an 03 Cobra running 11's @ 120 ish, but he sold it for an 87 Coupe that runs 12.8's @110 on the motor. Most of us are in the 12's-low 13's @ between 102-110. He has a 2002 Z28. The vid will be up soon, waiting on my friend to email it to me.

4.6 Love

Established Member
Hey WhiteTxMach...since you are a mach1 owner and it seems as though youre not a liar about your car...theres this guy on my local board that said he walked about 5 or 6 ls1's when he was bone stock!..he said he waxed a01-02 ws6, a 02 SS and a couple of other ones...he also said that he put a cars lenght on a ls 1 on full exhaust and gears!..I told him the ls1's were bad drivers...but he insisted that all 6 drivers couldn't have been bad drivers....so...is he lying or what the hell....can the mach1 hang with the ls1's top end?...thanks..
miguel----------if you tell me hes lying i'll let him know a fellow mach1 owner said he was full of crap for making up lies like that!..oh he also said he pulled straight 8.50's in in the 1/8 bone stock..on stock theads!

Last edited:

sinisterblk

miguel i am also a trustworthy mach 1 driver
It all depends how far this guy was racing the ls1
From a standstill Mach 1 can jump through
the hole up to one car length, but with each shift the
Ls1 keep gaining ground a quarter mile or more and the ls1
just have more top end, but with a good enough jump and
shifts under 6500 the mach will run head to head
The for the most part under stock to basic bolt ons

4.6 Love

Established Member
Originally posted by sinisterblk
miguel i am also a trustworthy mach 1 driver
It all depends how far this guy was racing the ls1
From a standstill Mach 1 can jump through
the hole up to one car length, but with each shift the
Ls1 keep gaining ground a quarter mile or more and the ls1
just have more top end, but with a good enough jump and
shifts under 6500 the mach will run head to head
The for the most part under stock to basic bolt ons
Thanks for clearing that up!:) ...he said he raced the full exhaust,gears SS from 20-120ish..he said he had 1 or 2 cars on him!...that would have been enough for the ls1 to pull his mach1 IMO.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by dangerousmiguel
Thanks for clearing that up!:) ...he said he raced the full exhaust,gears SS from 20-120ish..he said he had 1 or 2 cars on him!...that would have been enough for the ls1 to pull his mach1 IMO.

from 100mph up the ls1 pulls. below the mach 1 has a very slight advantage. :rockon:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
All the races I've had against LS1s go like this:

6spd: I race them rom about a 10, at this speed they are almost stalling the car. I will usually get about a car jump on ls1s with the basic exhaust cutout and lid mods. I will hold them off till around 60 and they start pulling on me. By their third gear (i'm in 4th) they are sailing by me.

m4s: I race from a bout a 15-20 roll. THis puts the car in 2nd gear. I can get a good 1 1/2 to two car jump on them and they will steadily pull on me up till about 100...then they'll sail by me. But the race is usually over by then.

That is my experience. The shear topend of those cars is insane. Third gear on the 6spd is their gear. THe extra disceplacement really helps out a lot.

If any of the ls1 cars have any bit of tuning using LS1 edit, I will stay with them till they hit 2nd gear...then they will blister me...

4.6 Love

Established Member
so basically the guy on my local board is full of crap right?....it was hard for me to beleive that the mach1 could pull the ls1s on top end as well...I will inform him and call his remarks crap!:-D

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Good runs, I always love racing Camaro's. It doesn't get any more old school than that, even if I loose by a little!

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Originally posted by Doug

That is my experience. The shear topend of those cars is insane. Third gear on the 6spd is their gear. THe extra disceplacement really helps out a lot.

Of course they have crazy top end. When they have huge stock heads that flow almost as good as AFR 185s and 346 cubes, such an advantage! Lol but im up to the challenge!

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
They really are fun to run. Best adrenaline rush I have had in a LONG time. Mach 1 is a great matchup to LS1's and the Cobra is a great matchup to the Zo6's IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread