LS1 vs LS1, u 03/04 cobra guys will love this video!

cobrar351

Established Member
BTW, OFF NOS 449rwhp/ 481rwtq

On THE SPRAY 564rwhp/ 642rwtq

I hope these two post clear things up, This is my 10th mustang.

7 5.0s
1 95 351 supercharged Cobra
1 99 cobra
1 03 cobra

Johnny V

Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
I waxed a procharged 6# i/c lt1 96 camaro like that from a roll, he had bfg's dr, headers, full exhaust a tb and msd ign.

There was a similar LT1 car at the track this past weekend on skinnies and slicks. His license plate was "SLEEPIN".

He ran several 13.7's @ 102-103 MPH :lol:

Too bad I never got to line up against him:-D

HAVOC

Established Member
Thanks for chiming in greg! the cobra was tring to race that same supra that i raced in the other thread i made. The mofo is fast ain't no doubt about that! but don't count out my little ls1, it stays right with lightly modded cobra's and they usally barley pull me at the very end.

Originally posted by cobrar351
HI everyone, This is my 1st post on here.

1] That is my Cobra in the video

2] As I have stated on other sites, and Havoc should chime in, I was not intending on running these two Ls1 s. I was trying to lure a race with 4th car next to me, a Supra.

3] THIS WAS WITHOUT NOS>>>>>>> NO NOS

4] I have 2.8 pulley, exhaust, filter, and a chip with a conservative tune which hurts me when not using Nos. THIS WILL EXPLAIN THE SLOW PULL ON THESE GUYS, whom were actually racing and when they took off and I seen Supra guy refusing to acknowledge me , I figured I would join the dance.

cobrar351

Established Member
If you guys want to get a glimpse of what the Cobra runs like on the spray there is another video from Havoc on here someplace where there is Vw GTI turbo running a corolla.

This was after the Ls1 race, and there was a bad ass stroked and NOs Impala following these guys out to run. So I decided to use the spray just in-case he tried to make a move. Again no indication from him that he was going to play. We were about
six to eight car lengths back when the GTi and corolla started to
run. So once again, Uninvited,:nono: I joined the dance on the spray.

SO CHECK THAT VIDEO OUT, that might answer anymore questions as to how strong I was pulling in this video without NOS.

Predator03

Banned
did i tell you or what
i know an 03
i have a 2.93 and dynod:
467rwhp @ 5500 @91F
496rwtq @ 3500 @ 91F
I can imagine a cool night or mid evening around 72F

A screwed blower would have screamed.....and passed around ten or more cars

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
If you guys want to get a glimpse of what the Cobra runs like on the spray there is another video from Havoc on here someplace where there is Vw GTI turbo running a corolla.

This was after the Ls1 race, and there was a bad ass stroked and NOs Impala following these guys out to run. So I decided to use the spray just in-case he tried to make a move. Again no indication from him that he was going to play. We were about

SO CHECK THAT VIDEO OUT, that might answer anymore questions as to how strong I was pulling in this video without NOS.

I really don't think a Corolla/VW race will give us an indication but link the vid anyway, we need a laugh. :rockon:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I saw that VW/Corolla vid. That was one of the funniest ones I've seen. And yeah, that Cobra can WHIP. Came outta nowhere at the end of the race, that was awesome.

cobrar351

Established Member
Originally posted by cbrtrx
the silver 03 cobra uses a 100 dry shot

cbrtrx is correct I have 100 shot.
He and I have our cars worked on at the same shop. His although not heavily modified is faster than mine without nos.
IT'S A FREAK!!:lol:

j_granato33

Established Member
hey guys all i get is the music whats up. anyway whats the name of that song its cool. let me know.....

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
cobrar351, nice car you have, I know a pullied 03 when I see one. And it runs real good around 40- 50 deg 30% humidity, that's about as low as I can go and get some good traction from a stop. A stock 96 lt1 camaro, cai, exh would be a good race for early cobra, 96 vettes are a little faster it seems, at least decent from a stop to 80. The time of no officer I wasn't racing.
:shrug: :nonono: And thanks Havoc for sharing the video, I know you Chevy guys aren't all bad and have some nice cars. :-D I know the 03 wouldn't be here without you.:bowdown:

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by Casper cobra
only sound why

Wrong codec for your media player. Try downloading the latest version of Windows Media Player. I don't know what codec he is using so i can't give you a specific URL to dl the correct codec. Sorry i can't be of more help.

cobrar351

Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
cobrar351, nice car you have, I know a pullied 03 when I see one. And it runs real good around 40- 50 deg 30% humidity, that's about as low as I can go and get some good traction from a stop. A stock 96 lt1 camaro, cai, exh would be a good race for early cobra, 96 vettes are a little faster it seems, at least decent from a stop to 80. The time of no officer I wasn't racing.
:shrug: :nonono: And thanks Havoc for sharing the video, I know you Chevy guys aren't all bad and have some nice cars. :-D I know the 03 wouldn't be here without you.:bowdown:
[

/QUOTE]
Havoc is a cool guy, and several of the 03 guys down here in Tampa hang with him, he will post a loss just as quickly as he would a victory. He has an alright website that we share our
opinions on called need2speed.com:rockon:

HAVOC

Established Member
Originally posted by j_granato33
hey guys all i get is the music whats up. anyway whats the name of that song its cool. let me know.....

you will need the divx driver to watch these videos. I know divx isn't a "standard" driver/codec, but it allows me to compress the hell outta video and keep the file size down, therefore keeping my bandwidth down :thumbsup: http://www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab_divx_from_/index.php

And the name of the song is "Tear Away"
by Drowing Pool... the lead singer passed away, but the band is still around :(

And thanks Havoc for sharing the video, I know you Chevy guys aren't all bad and have some nice cars. I know the 03 wouldn't be here without you.
Thanks! I think this site kicks ass! From what ive seem many of you are very respectfull and are quick to comment on the videos!

I'm a fan of fast cars, weather it be a GM, Ford, or Mopar :thumbsup: But i think im starting to like these 03-04 cobra's a little to much :eek:

Last edited:

LittleSalfromSH

Established Member

vid is down... i can host

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread