LS1 T/A vs GT & Mach1

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Damn that was a peppy GT for having 3 ppl in the car..

EDIT:Racing with 3 ppl in the car was kind of gay though

modthispny

Established Member
That GT's gives us fellow GT owners hope. :), a good driver and a nice set of dr's can do wonders. :) I can't wait to get my 4.10's and DR's soon after.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
That ls1 takes a whppin and keeps on tickin. :lol: What a way to end your night getting beat up by a gt. Seriously, it was all good for the gt and mach. I have to give the ls1 credit for posting this esp on svt performance well maybe not here but somewhere. Btw does that mach mustang have taillight trouble could have sworn the tail lights were flashing.
Rob

Last edited:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
that was one weak LS1..........i think that mach had more than just a K&n filter......................
that GT was fawing stout. it'd run with a stock 99/01 cobra from a roll though..........that LS1 started to reel in that GT

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
That ls1 guy in his defense couldn't drive, he launched way too low. The gt maybe had n2o look how fast he launched from a stop. Faster than the mach and gt had extra weight, either really rich or burnt rings to boot. Looking at the video looks like the ls1 guy got it that day, reminds me of a cobra guy I know on first day. Really weak. :lol: Thinks it is a 69 gt with lakewood traction bars. Glad he learned a little bit. :lol:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
haha wow that dude in the GT knows how to drive. and my friends 94 GT can whoop a trans am, with 4 guys in the car and all he's got other then stock is a CAI.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra4pt6
that was one weak LS1..........i think that mach had more than just a K&n filter......................
that GT was fawing stout. it'd run with a stock 99/01 cobra from a roll though..........that LS1 started to reel in that GT

I don't...My Mach was stout enough to beat most of the LS1 powered cars I ran.....Modded a different story.

Paul

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra4pt6

Do you guys drive camaros and were just wishing that there was a 2003 Camaro when you accidentally typed 2003 Cobra in the vehicle field? Just Kidding. Come on guys, this is a ford site, It shocked the hell out of me that a GT that could be bought for 22,000 with rebates Just smoked a Trans Am that probably costed 32k. And they BOTH had Minor Modifications. The mach 1 was awfully strong running for its mods. It might have had a dealer reflash on the comp after the KandN was installed, this helps mach's out alot. Other than that LS-1's are strong so im giving credit where credit is due. :beer:

modthispny

Established Member
By looking at the vids, if the Gt raced the mach 1 the mach 1 would have about 2 cars on it since it put a little more distance on the t/a than the gt did.

Users who are viewing this thread