LS1 or 99/01 Cobra?

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
Both are in the same price range, and I'm leaning towards the LS1 (TA)

I love mustangs, but I rode in my buddys 02 Camaro, and there is no comparasion.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Man ya, I hate to say it but I would go for the LS1.
Assumming that it's in good condition and decent mileage I would take it over a 99/01.

Lots of power to be had with those motors and they sound hella nice with a cam and a set of LTs :rockon: Now if an 03-04 or even Mach was thrown in there then it would be a diffrent story. :burnout:

cobraracer46

Banned
Personally, I would pick a V6 mustang over a TA or a Camaro that is nothing more than a powerful motor wrapped around a pile of junk car. The Cobra is a way better car than any LS1. Shure, the LS1 TA is quick, but everything else about the car sucks.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
GO COBRA..Better looks ,better interior, great sounding FORD motor. The performance isn't very far off either. Couepl bolt-ons on the CObra and your running right with them. You'll smoke some of them if they can't drive great.

99/01 by far. :burnout: :rockon:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking what's your price range like? I saw an 04 Mach w/ 7000 miles for 18,000.

-281 2V-

Established Member
If you wanna have as quick a car as possible on stock shortblock like I do :), get an LS1. If you want to have a gorgeous car that has potential with some money into it and pulls tha bitches ;-) get a Cobra.

Last edited:

2k1cobra

Established Member
-281 2V- said:
If you wanna have as quick a car as possible on stock shortblock like I do :), get an LS1. If you want to have a gorgeous car that has potential with some money into it and pulls tha bitches ;-) get a Cobra.
Werd actually any good looking mustang will get teh bishes. :lol: I would get the 01 though better handling/interior/looks and performance isnt that far off from an ls1. Cant go wrong with either one though.

UtOhCop

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
GO COBRA..Better looks ,better interior, great sounding FORD motor. The performance isn't very far off either. Couepl bolt-ons on the CObra and your running right with them. You'll smoke some of them if they can't drive great.

99/01 by far. :burnout: :rockon:

Looks are subjective.

Firehawk/WS6 > Cobra in looks

LS1 F-body + Nitrous kit = 11's

UtOhCop

Established Member
Silver02TA said:
hey, my car isn't junk :p

tough call, but i love my T/A, amazing power for the $$ and i love the t-tops + the 6 speed

4.10's are calling your name

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
01 Snake, my best friends LS1 SS always whipped my ass in a straight line while i was stock. but a few boltons later he had his hands full!

Then the biotch got a cam, 150shot, O/R y,, longtubes, 4.11s and and some other crap andhe hurt me bad, so i bought a blower and now we are close again. he makes alot more TQ than i do though, he can't drive for shit now that he making 465RWHP and 488RWTQ on spray

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
I just drove my buddie's Bone Stock Auto, Vert SS... and I was very impressed... that thing wsa SICK, i'm pretty sure I'm going to get a T/A now

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
UtOhCop said:
Looks are subjective.

Firehawk/WS6 > Cobra in looks

LS1 F-body + Nitrous kit = 11's

Good for you. I like CObras, get over it.

99/01 CObra + Nitrous/ light bolt-ons=11's WHo gives a ****.

Users who are viewing this thread