LS1 camaro vs. Cobra

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Ok, last night went to houston to check out the car show meet that LTHL VNM has started to organize at his new car wash. Well, the meet was a wash with me being the 6th car there. lol
So, we head into houston to check out Westheimer. No bs--as soon as i turn on westheimer from the freeway, i have 2 camaros throwin pipe at me. One is a reddish orange with body kit and white lt1 front end SS rear and wing, and one white ls bodystyle, fresh with the snowflake wheels and center exit exhaust. I'm like DAMN, these boys are throwin revs like they were free. The red one turns by the galleria, so as i pass by and his windows were down, i kindly picked up the pipes he dropped on the street and gave it back to him(with my exhaust at his window)lol ----Look on the passengers face was a mix of confusion and pain.
Anyway, continued down westheimer, when low and behold, mr. snowflake pulls next to me, jumping the car, throwin pipe and wanting to race in traffic. I just keep cool for 5-6 blocks until the traffic thins away and he slows down for me, he's got her geared down and as i pull next to him, he takes off. I just watch him go.(i forgot about the Houston-no honk rule). So he slows and i pull up again, this time i gear it down and wait, i thought he jumped so i went(i later found out he did jump). i just shut er down. So a few more blocks and he pulls up again, i gear the ole dsg down to 2nd at about 25mph, and he slowly pulls next to me at about what i would guess as 8,000 rpm, ready to go. This time i let him get out about a fender on me so i can see him launch. I see the fender go up, so i hit it. I run it thru second and have about 4-5 lengths between us, so i shut it down without going to 3rd. Took him a while to ease back up, but i was satisfied that the Torch red cobra trailing us who wanted a piece of him, could take it from here. I nodded to the guy and bowed out and let a fellow serpent owner get some.
I know, i know, long read and anticlimactic. But that was all i ran into on my trip to H-town.:shrug:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
:lol: Hahha..I was wondering the same thing. I guess people don't race anymore..they just throw the exhaust pipes at each other. Whoever causes more facial damage, wins.

jk...That is probably just the local jargon in Texas for reving at someone..

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
What are your mods? Sounds like a beast to pull 5 cars in second gear.

KB 2.6H, kooks long tubes, fuel system, built irs, 3.73 gears--etc. etc., put 613rwhp down at 110* temperature in the shop, on the dyno-pump gas, before the killer chiller. Also have nitrous, but didn't use it. Just on pump gas. I figure K/C probably gave a good solid 20 rwhp or more. Nitto nt05r drag radials. Hooked pretty decent in second. Summer traction with winter performance--killer chiller is badass. I highly recommend one.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
KB 2.6H, kooks long tubes, fuel system, built irs, 3.73 gears--etc. etc., put 613rwhp down at 110* temperature in the shop, on the dyno-pump gas, before the killer chiller. Also have nitrous, but didn't use it. Just on pump gas. I figure K/C probably gave a good solid 20 rwhp or more. Nitto nt05r drag radials. Hooked pretty decent in second. Summer traction with winter performance--killer chiller is badass. I highly recommend one.

That's it? And you think you can beat an LS1? That guy couldn't drive man;-)

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
That's it? And you think you can beat an LS1? That guy couldn't drive man;-)

I know, i know:nonono:. I realize just how lucky i was to run into someone who couldn't handle all their power. But at least a fun time was had by all!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
You're being sarcastic right?

Yeah- that was sarcasm. You gotta hang around for a minute and see. He's one of the "Cool" LSX guys on the board.

Good kill OP... nice way to tell a story in a different light. Now I know why there are so many lifted 4wd's in Texas with all the pipes laying around and such:lol:

SuperRok

Established Member
Shit, people in Houston throw crack pipes at me all the time. Nothing new here.

TDUB003

Established Member
With all of this pipe being thrown around amongst men who didn't know each other I've gotta ask.... Could you have accidentally been driving through a homosexually prevalent part of town?

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Ok, last night went to houston to check out the car show meet that LTHL VNM has started to organize at his new car wash. Well, the meet was a wash with me being the 6th car there. lol
So, we head into houston to check out Westheimer. No bs--as soon as i turn on westheimer from the freeway, i have 2 camaros throwin pipe at me. One is a reddish orange with body kit and white lt1 front end SS rear and wing, and one white ls bodystyle, fresh with the snowflake wheels and center exit exhaust. I'm like DAMN, these boys are throwin revs like they were free. The red one turns by the galleria, so as i pass by and his windows were down, i kindly picked up the pipes he dropped on the street and gave it back to him(with my exhaust at his window)lol ----Look on the passengers face was a mix of confusion and pain.
Anyway, continued down westheimer, when low and behold, mr. snowflake pulls next to me, jumping the car, throwin pipe and wanting to race in traffic. I just keep cool for 5-6 blocks until the traffic thins away and he slows down for me, he's got her geared down and as i pull next to him, he takes off. I just watch him go.(i forgot about the Houston-no honk rule). So he slows and i pull up again, this time i gear it down and wait, i thought he jumped so i went(i later found out he did jump). i just shut er down. So a few more blocks and he pulls up again, i gear the ole dsg down to 2nd at about 25mph, and he slowly pulls next to me at about what i would guess as 8,000 rpm, ready to go. This time i let him get out about a fender on me so i can see him launch. I see the fender go up, so i hit it. I run it thru second and have about 4-5 lengths between us, so i shut it down without going to 3rd. Took him a while to ease back up, but i was satisfied that the Torch red cobra trailing us who wanted a piece of him, could take it from here. I nodded to the guy and bowed out and let a fellow serpent owner get some.
I know, i know, long read and anticlimactic. But that was all i ran into on my trip to H-town.:shrug:
Made me lol

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
With all of this pipe being thrown around amongst men who didn't know each other I've gotta ask.... Could you have accidentally been driving through a homosexually prevalent part of town?

I think he was going the other way on Westheimer. People in Houston will know what this means lol.

I want a piece of that Cobra.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

That's my next mod! Heat soak sucks ass especially in this Cali weather we are getting now. How did you get 20whp from it? I thought it just helped you cool your temps, running reliable and not loosing power?

Users who are viewing this thread