Lowering the L

Ltnstrk

Established Member
I want to drop the L but know exactly what I need to do it. I know I need shackles for the rear and springs for the front. What else do I need and what company should i go with. Im thinking of a 2/2. thanks
Michael

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
BTW - I am happy with what I have. I used Eibach front springs, rear hangers, and rear shackles. I also upgraded to Hotchkis-Bilstien shocks, and bought adjustable rear sway bar links from So-cal speed shop. I like how mine handles and looks.

28850-1282-25030.jpg

203Cree

Established Member
Hey Chris, how do those compare to teh stock Bilsteins? I've been thinkin either those or QA1's to replace the crap one's I got now.

And to the OP, you'll need revavled shocks and shorter bump stops too.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It was night & day. It made it ride much smoother and handle much better.

I forgot, you'll also need NAPA camber adjusting kits.

Chi3f

Established Member
chris i see you have 58" traction bars under there did you shim them or something? I wanna lower my truck but dont' want to mess with the traction bars.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
They are 54" JLP bars. The Bassani tapped it just a little bit when going over big bumps. All I did was cut a 12" piece of 1.5" radiator hose and wrapped it around the bar. It doesn't stop the exhaust from tapping the bar, but I can't hear it.

You can kinda see it in this pic-
28850-843-20231.jpg

Chi3f

Established Member
did you put the traction bars on before or after you lowered it? If I don't have to move the position of the traction bars and knew i would have no other problems i would have it done already. I have a silverbullet with a decent gap between my 58" bars.

edit- also how much did the adjustable sway bars help? Or did you do it all at once... (lower it, shocks etc...)

Last edited:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i got belltech 3`4 dropp. coils,shackles,hangers,shims,and camber kit too straighten out the tires. QA1's in the rear.i got JLP traction bars too. had to custom bend the bassani tips to clear the bars,because they were touching.

Users who are viewing this thread