Lowering Springs

Teal 93

Established Member
I picked up this Teal Cobra a few months ago and I want to lower it. The car has 128K and the suspension needs some work. I am planning on BILSTEIN HD SHOCKS STRUTS, New front Lower Control Arms and Rear Upper and Lower Arms. I have a Eibach PRO-KIT but I would like to see some pictures of other 93 Cobras with these and other Lowering springs (H&R, Ford Racing, Maximum Motorsports) and if you needed Castor/Camber plates.
Thanks Paul
IMG_3327.gif

IMG_3345.gif

no2moro

Established Member
I dont have any pics, but I can say that I have H&R. They ride great. The only other spring I would use is Racecraft. As far as camber plate, you will need them if you want perfect alignment. I dont have them and my camber is set at -3 degrees.

Svt KC

Established Member
I have Steeda Sport springs, Tokico 5 way adjustable shock/struts, & MM cc plates.I like them alot,its lowered about 1 to 1-1/4 rides find.

red95gts

Established Member
I recently put H&R Sports and MM Caster-Camber Plates on my car, which already had Tokico 5-ways. It lowered the front of the car about 3/4" and the rear of the car about 1.5". The car now sits perfectly level at all four corners.

Sorry..no pics yet.. :)

buddha93

Established Member
I recently put H&R Sports and MM Caster-Camber Plates on my car, which already had Tokico 5-ways. It lowered the front of the car about 3/4" and the rear of the car about 1.5". The car now sits perfectly level at all four corners.

That's a solid setup and I can't say enough good things about MM parts.

BTW, nice ride........doens't look like a 128k mile car. How's the interior?

CGoeschel

Established Member

I put the Illuminas on that car along with Steeda caster camber plates and Steeda springs. Did you take off the Steeda stuff or did you buy it that way?

red95gts

Established Member
I put the Illuminas on that car along with Steeda caster camber plates and Steeda springs. Did you take off the Steeda stuff or did you buy it that way?

Mark put the factory springs back in, but the Steeda C-C plates were still on the car when I bought it. I'm just a die-hard MM fan and decided to swap to their C-C plates while I had it apart. Inner tie-rods were wasted, so I put in some OE Ford replacements before having the car aligned.

I like the H&Rs - they don't lower the car too much, but definitely give it the stance it should have had from the factory. The spring rate isn't that much different than stock, so the ride quality is still great, which is something I'm not willing to sacrifice much on this car.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Hola!

Haven't been on here in a while. Saw your thread, I have H&R Super Sports and love the dead even drop front and rear. I would say I saw 1.75 all the way around though.

Here is a pic.

DMRO08-FantasyofFlight074.jpg

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Hola!

Haven't been on here in a while. Saw your thread, I have H&R Super Sports and love the dead even drop front and rear. I would say I saw 1.75 all the way around though.

Here is a pic.

SOLD. im getting H&R

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Hola!

Here is a pic.

are the super sports the same as sports? i cant find them on ebay

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
They are not the same. See the spring rate thread. Gotta go to MM for those, I didnt see them on ebay either

red95gts

Established Member
No, the sports are the softest spring of the H&R line. I have them on my 93 and like them quite a bit.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
oh okay. How much of a drop do the sport or race springs give you? id like a 1.5" drop all around.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Ordered a set of H&R supersports and they arrived today :banana:

but that had me thinking about the struts/shocks :??: should the stock ones be fine or should i get a new set to prevent them from blowing :read:

I really want the tokico illuminas 5 way adjustable but theye a bit out of my price range. So i might settle for the tokico blues since theyre on eBay for only around $240-$270 shipped.

Can someone explain the main difference between the 5 ways and blues? do they work good with the supersports?

and if anyone has a set of struts and shocks sale please let me know. thanks in advanced guys

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
The stock shocks are just too soggy. Previously, when my car was dropped with Sportlines and stock shocks it didnt ride that great. When I took out the Sportlines and put the stock springs back in I replaced the stock shocks with the 5 ways and it rode much better, even better than the stock shocks did. I had to play with the shocks to get the ride I liked and settled with setting #4 front #3 rear. Not that the blues are bad but I dont think youll be able to get the ride dialed in to how you want with the blues compared to the 5 ways.

Users who are viewing this thread