Lowering Springs

SBSnake

Established Member
Hey guys, i got a question for the S197 crowd. My gf has a vista blue 07 GT and were getting her some lowering springs for it. Im trying to decide between the Super Sports and the Ford Racing springs....anybody know the difference? The stance looks very similar to me.....any pics would also be very helpful....thanks!

HerNameIsPonie

LAMC ftw
Established Member
Eibach sportlines FTW

elysianpark8dg7.jpg

S197man

Established Member
To the OP= I can't visually tell a difference between the two you've listed from what I can tell. I know they are both high quality parts. There's just too many spring combos out there for the S197.

On that note,

Are BMR springs any count?

What all is needed to properly lower an S197?

Springs, camber bolts, panhard rod, upper strut mounts, alignment job, and what else?
Thanks!

Last edited:

SBSnake

Established Member
thanks for all the input guys. the only MAJOR difference i can find is the FRPP drops 1.5 all the way around and the SS's are about 1.7-1.9 with a little more drop in the front. But to me the Sportlines(which i have on my cobra) SS's and FRPPs look all about the same.

HerNameIsPonie

LAMC ftw
Established Member
To the OP= I can't visually tell a difference between the two you've listed from what I can tell. I know they are both high quality parts. There's just too many spring combos out there for the S197.

On that note,

Are BMR springs any count?

What all is needed to properly lower an S197?

Springs, camber bolts, panhard rod, upper strut mounts, alignment job, and what else?
Thanks!

ADJ panhard bar, lca's, uca, camber bolts, and alignent is all you need.
oh and btw HerName, 18s or 20s? they look nniiiiccceee :beer:

Thanks theyre 20" wheels. I love the stance.

silverstang23

Established Member
I don't have FRPP on my car. People i know that have FRPP springs are very unhappy with them. They don't lower the car as much as they say. They ride very poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread