lowering springs

9103stang

Established Member
im looking into lowering my 03 cobra, and was wanting to know what brand of springs anyone might suggest.

Nordy

Looking for a Terminator!
Established Member
I had H&R Springs too! Great handling but not so good for a DD, I am still filling in the scrapes on my driveway LOL

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
H&R race with stock iso's here. I thought the sports were actually lower than the race?

BlueSS

Steeda's seem to be the most "speed bump friendly" springs out there :beer: Getting some for X-mas myself! Here's a pic:

2003 Cobra Sport Springs
• 1.25" front and 1.00" rear
• Front Progressive helical compression constrained by chassis and lower A-frame.
• Rear Progressive helical copmression constrained by chassis and lower A-frame.
• Spring rate front working range 720-780lb/in
• Spring rate rear working range 650-790lb/in
SteedaSprings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

9103stang

Established Member
im actually thinking of getting some for my bf for christmas. the ones he had in mind were the h&r springs, and he was thinking around 1" in the front and .7" in the back. he said hes been meaning to get on here and ask some opinions as well, but i figured id beat him to it, :)

BlueSS

im actually thinking of getting some for my bf for christmas. the ones he had in mind were the h&r springs, and he was thinking around 1" in the front and .7" in the back. he said hes been meaning to get on here and ask some opinions as well, but i figured id beat him to it, :)

From those drop measurements, STEEDA :beer: H&R's are a good 1 1/2"

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
If Anyone wants a set of Steeda Springs I have a Set, I went to a Solid Axle and Coil overs up front with my turbo setup, they springs have abour 5-6K miles on them

Areteracing

ON3ULUZ
Established Member
H&R Race with no iso's. I have to drive around anything that sticks up more than a few inches but it looks damn good!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I researched this subject very well before I bought my H&R race springs. Very, very pleased with them. Gave the car a nice stance and tightened up the feel. I'm sure there are others out there but I'm happy going with this combo. I have a couple of speed bumps I run across every day (summer time) to get to work. As long as you take it slow no problem. Just my 2cents worth.

Ray H.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
H and R sport springs with the stock isolators and i love them. i had the steeda springs before and they just didn't lower the rear enough.

Users who are viewing this thread