Lowering Springs/Struts/Shocks

Apicia

Established Member
I have had what seems like 10 straight new edge Mustangs and this is my first SN95 Cobra. I am not sure if the same options for springs worked on my 1996 Cobra. I remember using Ford Racing C-springs and 93 Fox struts on a 2000 GT I had. The fox struts were shorter and worked well with lowering springs.

Not looking to break the bank and buy the most expensive springs and struts/shocks. I've modified too many cars to buy the most expensive parts.

I've used Vogtland on a Mach 1 in the past as well. Of course, I had used Eibach on a few cars. Any advice on a nice budget setup?

98BABCobra

Established Member
I have FRPP C-springs on my 98 Cobra and I think the ride is fine. A little stiffer than stock, but nothing uncomfortable. Also, no special shocks or struts here. I may eventually replace the shocks/ struts with something better once these go out, but for now, I think the ride is fine.

Apicia

Established Member
I have FRPP C-springs on my 98 Cobra and I think the ride is fine. A little stiffer than stock, but nothing uncomfortable. Also, no special shocks or struts here. I may eventually replace the shocks/ struts with something better once these go out, but for now, I think the ride is fine.

Any pics laying around? You like the stance? I heard the B and C springs both offer the same drop, just one is linear and one is progressive.

98BABCobra

Established Member
Any pics laying around? You like the stance? I heard the B and C springs both offer the same drop, just one is linear and one is progressive.

That is correct. The C are linear and the B's are progressive. I love my stance. Looks great, but still plenty of clearance underneath so I'm not constantly scraping the exhaust on speed bumps or steep driveways. I have a few pics on facebook. I don't have a photobucket account or anything like that, so I can't post pics here. sorry.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Here's my car on FRPP C's. I've pulled both front iso's out so it's about 3/8s lower up front than in this picture. I just installed Foxbody Tokico D-specs last week, this is a good combo. I scrape some, but only my exhaust because it's stupid low. Idk what shop the PO had this done at but it's ridiculous, if it was tucked it wouldn't be an issue at all. It's a touch stiff, so I may change springs at some point, but I love the stance.

Not a bad combo at all, the D-specs were on sale at a stupid low price on American Muscle so I snagged 'em. Koni STR.Ts would be a good, cheaper alternative. Was considering those as well.
WhiteVenom434_zps935af514.jpg

Last edited:

Apicia

Established Member
Here's my car on FRPP C's. I've pulled both front iso's out so it's about 3/8s lower up front than in this picture. I just installed Foxbody Tokico D-specs last week, this is a good combo. I scrape some, but only my exhaust because it's stupid low. Idk what shop the PO had this done at but it's ridiculous, if it was tucked it wouldn't be an issue at all. It's a touch stiff, so I may change springs at some point, but I love the stance.

Not a bad combo at all, the D-specs were on sale at a stupid low price on American Muscle so I snagged 'em. Koni STR.Ts would be a good, cheaper alternative. Was considering those as well.
WhiteVenom434_zps935af514.jpg

That looks nice! Did you go with the Fox spec struts and shocks?

Last edited:

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I have FRPP B springs with the stock isolators. The ride is good but I do wish it was a little lower.
7avuqy8e.jpg

abyryseh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread