Lowering springs question

Xavier02832

Established Member
So after much consideration I've decided to lower my 2013 GT500 with a set of Ford racing lowering spring. I have yet to purchased a set because I'm not sure what else is needed suspension wise to accommodate a 1.25 inch drop?

So my question is, when installing a set of drop springs on a 2013 GT500 what else is NEEDED?

Also, will I need an alignment after the springs are installed?

Thanks
Xavier

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
You likely won't need an alignment unless its just due. You will however need an adjustable panhard rod to center the rear axle after the drop. The BMR piece is nice.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I've got Ford springs & BMR panhard bar w/ BMR LCA's & had to get an alignment after installation. Then when I swapped from non adj LCA's to adj LCA's it needed aligned again. My steering wheel was 1/8 turn off center. Not every shop has the alignment program installed in their system for the 13' cars either but I finally found one.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I still have these parts in stock. You don't have to do the full kit we discussed previously. An alignment would be good for centering the rear and making sure everything is within spec.

Xavier02832

Established Member
Not every shop has the alignment program installed in their system for the 13' cars either but I finally found one.

This is what I'm scared of... After switching out to a set of coil overs on my camaro a couple years back I had a nightmare trying to find an alignment shop that was able to get it right. Took three shops and 5 alignments to get it right so you can understand my frustration with this step.

With that being said I still want to lower the car just want to do it with as little effort as possible.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

This is what I'm scared of... After switching out to a set of coil overs on my camaro a couple years back I had a nightmare trying to find an alignment shop that was able to get it right. Took three shops and 5 alignments to get it right so you can understand my frustration with this step.

With that being said I still want to lower the car just want to do it with as little effort as possible.

Bring the car up here. We'll do the install and then send it over to the same guy that does the corner weighting and balancing on my car, the 205 MPH Super Snake, the 220 MPH Super Snake and the recently finished 1,200 RWHP Super Snake. We're just a short trip up the turnpike or I-95.

Xavier02832

Established Member
Bring the car up here. We'll do the install and then send it over to the same guy that does the corner weighting and balancing on my car, the 205 MPH Super Snake, the 220 MPH Super Snake and the recently finished 1,200 RWHP Super Snake. We're just a short trip up the turnpike or I-95.

This is great news, thanks Van. Ill give you a call sometime next week.

6-Speed

Established Member
I would advise having the alignment checked anytime you replace front end suspension components especially when you modify the geometry. By lowering, the camber will be more negative than it once was; it may or may not fall within spec. The toe may also fall out of spec. I installed camber plates to adjust the camber to where I wanted to reduce wear on my tires.

Users who are viewing this thread