Lowering springs question

5.0 guy

Established Member
Last Nov I had Steeda Sportline lowering springs installed and it doesn't sit as low as I thought it would. I have noticed some of you have the same springs but looks like you sit lower, how many miles on average does it normally take the springs to settle completely, just rolled 300 miles this morning. Thanks
John

ford13

Established Member
I'm not sure on this but I am wondering if you got the relocation brackets for the control arms? I am thinking that the relo brackets allow for a fuller range of motion thus allowing the the spring to reach that lower position? I remember reading that the Steeda springs were lower in the rear thus I wanted some. Couldn't find any. I am glad I got the Ford Racing Performance Parts 1.25 springs. I also got a complete package made up of all BMR parts from Revan Racing! Once I install 5.0 I will post some pics so we can compare ...

Laurent

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
That would be great! All I have don't so far is the spring and tint. What you are saying makes total sense, I plan to order a long list from Van soon I just wanted to get a few miles on her first. The reason I went with Steeda was becaus I went with their adjustable suspension on my 08 GT500 and the car looks sick!

ford13

Established Member
I like that adjustable stuff. I am starting to wonder if I am gonna have to start dodging speed bumps haha! Being able to raise and lower would be a cool option for sure!

5.0 guy

Established Member
It came with a spanner wrench so it's easy to adjust, plus for the car show guys they can lower it all the way down for show without leaving their rear end on the road somewhere!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It came with a spanner wrench so it's easy to adjust, plus for the car show guys they can lower it all the way down for show without leaving their rear end on the road somewhere!

What product are you talking about?

5.0 guy

Established Member
Ill post you a pic when I get home later, it Definately looks great but my local dealer went to low on my 08 in the front but it only has a 1,000 miles on it so I don't care at this point.

5.0 guy

Established Member
What product are you talking about?

Sorry missed your post earlier, it seems that Van uses BMR so ill probably go that route. I'm getting ready to do a 13-6 kit with the lower pulley and a full SW exhaust now that I've racked a few hundered miles on her. I noticed that the engine had a strange tick when it's cold and ever since the 03's had that issue I'm real sensitive to engine sounds but I'm sure its nothing though!

5.0 guy

Established Member
At 56 miles between the deal and me we replaced the front valance three times, left the last one the dealer replaced in the box and left the scratched one installed.

kpinco

Established Member
Sorry missed your post earlier, it seems that Van uses BMR so ill probably go that route. I'm getting ready to do a 13-6 kit with the lower pulley and a full SW exhaust now that I've racked a few hundered miles on her. I noticed that the engine had a strange tick when it's cold and ever since the 03's had that issue I'm real sensitive to engine sounds but I'm sure its nothing though!

5.0 guy - I have Ford Racing springs and just ordered rear BMR suspension parts from Van. Also just installed the 13-6 kit from Van....WOW!! What a difference.

I'm in Castle Rock - maybe we can get together once I get the BMR parts installed so you can see it in person.

5.0 guy

Established Member
That would be great! I've only seen two other 13's both were grabber blue coupes passing through on the road.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
I have Steeda lowering springs with Steeda LCA and brackets. I believe once you add the LCAs and brackets you be pleased with the results. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread