Lowering Springs for a Street minor track day car

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
Ive got H&R super Sports on the car as of now, but im not looking for so much "low" i want more functionality. in addition to springs the car has LCA, RELO, UCA, UCA Mount and Panhard bar.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I've had Steeda sport and currently have Ford P springs. It's my DD with occasional HPDE's. I prefer the Steeda's for a better handling ride without being too stiff for daily duty. If by "track day car" you mean the drag strip, I'd try BMR.

Paul.

Established Member
For the best combination of ride quality and handling, Steeda Sports with Koni Str.T are the hot ticket. Not too much low, comfortable, and big improvement over stock stuff. I've had it for years and am very pleased with it.

BMR Tech 2

I think I commented on your thread on FB, but just in case I didn't, I would recommend our SP009 springs for street driving and light track duty. If you plan to spend more time at the track than on the street, go with the SP068 drag springs. Both work well on the street or track, but I like the SP009s better for the street.

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
Yes you did Dylan! I actually had a buddy willing to trade some for my H&Rs so im waiting on his removal... Thanks!

RRMBrembo

Established Member
For the best combination of ride quality and handling, Steeda Sports with Koni Str.T are the hot ticket. Not too much low, comfortable, and big improvement over stock stuff. I've had it for years and am very pleased with it.

I have to second this. I put this combo on in March with BMR rear goodies (LCAs UCA Panhard etc.) and the thing plants and goes... I can't rave enough about this suspension combo.

phfelts

Established Member
I decided to switch to BMR SP009 springs as well, but haven't put them on yet. I didn't mind my sportlines while I was living in Arizona, but they make no sense now that I'm stationed in Hawaii. That being said, I also have the Koni Yellows, so I can adjust the stiffness still for any type of track event I do in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread