lowering springs....Eibach or FRPP?

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
ok so im looking at lowering springs. Eibachs run about $200 and Fords are $205 (using the 10% over dealer cost link). since the price is basically the same, which ones would be better? they both drop 1.5 inches front and back, but will there be a difference in ride quality or overall spring quality? thanks

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
The Eibachs are a great quality and great ride quality. I personally prefer the Eibachs they make less noise from what I can tell. Both sets give a good ride and a good stance. It would be a toss up.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
+1 for the H&R springs. I've got the sports and even with the factory shocks still in place my times on Pueblo's 2.2 mile road course improved by between 2-3 seconds compared to the stock springs.

Kind of wish I would have gone with the race springs though.

UCBeau

H&R sport springs are great, i really like mine but will be dumping them soon when my coilovers go on

2001 Blue Snake

Established Member
Are the H&R's really that much better in performance? I want it lower, yes, but I'd much rather have it perform right than sit lower if necessary. How much of a drop are they? Are there more than one line?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If you want handling go with the H&R springs. The sports are good, the race springs are better.

You can get away with the stock shocks/struts on the sports but they are still too softly damped for the sports. You'll need to switch to a shock like a bilstien HD right away with the race springs.

Toplesss

Established Member
quick01snake said:
OT: is that Todd Smith's (from Carmel) old cobra?

Nope. I bought it from a 65 year old lady bone stock 3 years ago. Sold it last October. Just cant make myself take the pic out of my sig. :(

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
ok, well i dont plan on doing at open track racing or anything like that. i just want it to sit lower without killing the ride. looks like i will probably go with the eibachs.

Users who are viewing this thread