Lowering springs- anything else to do while I'm in there

Smoke92

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm going to be installing my H&R race springs soon. Just wondering if there is anything else you guys would recommend I do while I'm in there? I was thinking I should do the low profile irs bolts in case I decide to buy wider rear wheels. Ive also heard about replacing steering rack bushings? Maybe that would be fix the thud I get when hitting a bump when turning , like backing out of my driveway (more pronounced when backing up). I did also get the CC Plates from MM. Anyways, if there's anything you guys recommend I do let me know. Just trying to get the car driving a little better than it does now. The SFC's and new tires should really help too. Thanks.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
2x ball joints, a bump steer kit. I really don't understand the low profile IRS bolt, the tire, even wide ones, only come close to that bolt head in "full droop", unless your name is Joie Chitwood, I don't see that ever happening.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Sway bar endlinks since you're lowered now, and steering rack bushings. The rack bushings make a world of difference.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
BTW, the reason for the ball joints..

zEYtdY7.jpg

Smoke92

Established Member
Sounds good guys, I'm trying to decide if I want to use the MM isos or the stock ones with my springs, not looking for a big drop, just want to get ride of most of the stock fender gap and sharpen up the handling a bit. I am hoping I can find an alignment shop close by that will know how to set bump steer correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread