Lowering Spring Installation Cost in San Diego

zebani

Established Member
Hi guys. I am in the process of getting a set of lowering springs but am not able to install them. I neither have tools nor have a garage or place to do that. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to recommend me a place where I can get them installed and/or a price range that I should stay in. I am located in San Diego and my vehicle is an 02 GT. Thanks a lot in advance :beer:

EVO-lution

Established Member
Believe it or not it's actually really easy to install them. Basic wrenches and ratchets, stands, and a big mouth floor jack is all i used.

zebani

Established Member
Believe it or not it's actually really easy to install them. Basic wrenches and ratchets, stands, and a big mouth floor jack is all i used.

You have no idea how much I want to "at least" try it but I don't have a stand or a floor jack. Also I live in a condo and do not have a garage either and they fine you if you work on your car in your parking spot :fm:

zebani

Established Member
Maybe ask the locals? Im in SD....

-Paul

Hi Paul. That is actually one of the reasons why I started this thread. I have been living in San Diego for almost 2 years but don't really know anyone :shrug: I figured someone from San Diego might be able to help me or give me a recommendation.

EVO-lution

Established Member
Ahhh okay...yeah i feel ya. If i was closer i would help you out. I have a buddy out in SD and could have used his driveway.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
X2 On AA Auto. These guys know mustangs very well. They can change your springs with one hand and a burrito on the other hand lol...Good luck.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Woodside Automotive in Lakeside. Ask for Pierre, he's very familiar with mustangs, but the shop is a general auto shop. Also, TrueLine in Kearny Mesa specializes in suspension/alignment work. Right across the street is JBA Performance but they are expensive (quoted me $325-375 to weld in FLSC's, just to install!?!)... I get most of my car work done at TrueLine just because I can walk there from my work, so I pay for convenience.

zebani

Established Member
Sorry for my late response everyone. I got them installed for $150 with alignment included. Thank you very much for all your help and messages :)

zebani

Established Member
There is a club/forum Wicked Stangs Nationwide Mustang Club and they do install days. I'm not a club member but joined the forum. Met up with a few great guys and installed my gears, cost me a $120 donation.

Cool. I heard of that forum before, in fact I bought my Magnaflows from one of their members but I didn't know anything about install days. Thanks for the heads up :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread