Lowering question

cs2012

Established Member
Hey guys so I lowered my 2012 mustang gt cs using koni strt struts and shocks, eibach sportline lowering springs and an adjustable panhard rod. I was under the impression that the springs would provide an even drop, but the front is still lower than the rear. I can't fit my hand between the fender and tire in the front, but can in the rear. Any thoughts?
nymu9e8u.jpg

This is the rear
pymy9ara.jpg

This is the front
sarezube.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
I would give it some time, u have more weight in the front of the car and the rear might settle in a bit, the sportlines drops I've seen look evened out.

cs2012

Established Member
Its been almost 2 weeks since I've dropped the car, and I even kept all the stock parts in the trunk so that there could be a little more weight in the rear to drop it further

stang8psi

Established Member
what part number on the sportlines did you use?
# 4.12535 for the 2011-2013 or
# 4.10135 for the 2005-2010

cs2012

Established Member
I'm not sure on the part numbers since I bought them used from a member here, but he also had a 12' Gt.

cuzracecar

Established Member
pick up 2 fat chicks and call it a day lol but really tho if you still have your backseats and ur friends r beast you wil be glad you had some wiggle room

streetrods

Established Member
The sportlines I have seen are not in fact a 1.5 drop in the rear...more like 2.2 or 2.4... with the front being 1.5

cs2012

Established Member
Any thoughts on why mine didn't settle even?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Any thoughts on why mine didn't settle even?

Give it more time, OP. Make sure you get the chances to fully compress your suspension a few times, whether it be hitting speed bumps at a slow speed to drop the front end, or heading down some of the South Downtown side roads over by Minute Maid Park or the GRB Convention Center. :lol:

jdcobra

Established Member
Give it more time, OP. Make sure you get the chances to fully compress your suspension a few times, whether it be hitting speed bumps at a slow speed to drop the front end, or heading down some of the South Downtown side roads over by Minute Maid Park or the GRB Convention Center. :lol:

Haha just don't go near 290&610 -_-

cs2012

Established Member

But my front end is already lower than my read end lol. That's why I'm confused

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The front springs have the constant static weight of the engine on them. The springs will slowly change in lenght as they get used to the weight of the car, and the oscillation of rebound when you hit a bump/dip. Give it another week or so. I took my measurements the day of the install and one month later, and things had evened out a good bit.

Did you take measurements from the hub to the edge of the fender? That will tell you how level the car is.

vortecd

Established Member
I'm not sure on the part numbers since I bought them used from a member here, but he also had a 12' Gt.

There should be part numbers are the springs. Just because they were on a '12 doesn't mean there are the right springs. That is where I would start

merlinmol

Established Member
I say return your stuff and get coilovers so you can adjust everything the way you want and get a more comfortable ride at the same time :p

Users who are viewing this thread