Lowering Q

bighigg123

Established Member
New 03 white L owner. I've been wanting one since 99. Got one and love it. Any who. My question is what is the best way to lower it about an inch in the front and level out the back and be able to keep as much of the stock ride as possible. Glad to be a part of the L fam :rockon:

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
First welcome to SVT Performance. We have numerous "How-To's" in the FAQ sections, but in a nutshell, the simplest way to get your truck down an inch up front and leveled out back... either aftermarket (like Eibach, TVS, etc.) front coil springs or cut the stockers. In the back... you might be able to get it level with a set of variable 1" to 3" drop shackles. As for the ride... anytime you mess with the front coils you have to expect some changes... probably a little stiffer. The shackles shouldn't affect too much, but you might have some travel issues with the 3" drop. The 03 & 04 models have some stiffer springs IIRC, and they usually have a severe rake.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
only manufacturer of drop spindles for 97-04 lightning is belltech, its two inch drop and keeps all factory specs

edit-there will be some light grinding and cutting to fit stock 18's

Last edited:

fastjesse

Established Member
I installed the Ground Force kit on my Dad's 01 L and it rides better than stock. The only change I made was I used some Hotchkiss bump stops up front. If you use this kit on an 03 you will probably still have some rake. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread