Lowering my 98 cobra convertible

RonnieMac12

Established Member
A buddy is helping me lower my 98 cobra.
I have the new wheels as well. Bumping up to 18 inch SVE series 3. Have not bought the rubber yet. My question is. Should I lower it then get the allignment done before putting the new wheels and tires on it? Or lower it, put the new wheels and tires on then do the allignment?

Or does it even matter?
First time doing this so any help is appreciated. Caster Camber plates, shock, struts, and quad shocks as well.

Thanks,
20230205_201746.jpg

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking from personal experience here, do everything first, THEN align it. Always think of aligning it as the icing on the cake, the last thing you'll need to do when it comes to anything suspension related.

I did ALL of my driveline stuff and then aligned it. Wheels and tires first, then gears, lowering springs, shocks, struts and caster/camber plates last, and then the alignment.

RonnieMac12

Established Member
Speaking from personal experience here, do everything first, THEN align it. Always think of aligning it as the icing on the cake, the last thing you'll need to do when it comes to anything suspension related.

I did ALL of my driveline stuff and then aligned it. Wheels and tires first, then gears, lowering springs, shocks, struts and caster/camber plates last, and then the alignment.
Ok cool that's what we are doing. Lowering springs, shocks/struts, caster camber plates, then wheels and tires.
Once I leave discount tire. I will head to get an allignment.

Thank you

RonnieMac12

Established Member
Having a hell of a time getting the new front spring in. Any tricks? We are putting the top in first then the bottom but cannot get it to go.

robvas

Established Member
Having a hell of a time getting the new front spring in. Any tricks? We are putting the top in first then the bottom but cannot get it to go.
Drop the control arm as far as it will go

Then jam in there and pry it with a crowbar, don't get a finger or Hand caught in there!

Users who are viewing this thread