LOWERING KITS!!!

morepower_00

Established Member
I want to lower my truck and was looking at all the kits, JDM offers his two inch rear lowering shackles, so cals speed shop ofers a 1.75 front and a 3 in back, or hotchkis has a 1 inch front and 2 in rear, what would any of you recomend.

F.A.T.

Established Member
FRPP

I used the FRPP kit to lower my 01 a little in the front and rear, no big deal, but i think it looks better, i almost triped getting out the first time.
I will try somebefor and after pics now:
34178790XzXDCf_th.jpg

34178822qpCTdh_th.jpg

Blu02

Established Member
Lowering Kits

I just installed the full Hotchkis kit on my truck lowering springs and sway bars and the truck rides well and handles awesome you got to try it. If you want to see the truck go to the second of 2nd generation lightnings and go to the thread called pics of my 02 TruBlue Lightning.

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Re: Lowering Kits

Originally posted by Blu02
I just installed the full Hotchkis kit on my truck lowering springs and sway bars and the truck rides well and handles awesome you got to try it. If you want to see the truck go to the second of 2nd generation lightnings and go to the thread called pics of my 02 TruBlue Lightning.

WHat about shocks?

Blu02

Established Member
Hotchkis says to keep the stock Bilsteins on the truck even after lowering it and my truck rides real smooth with that setup

TIAMAT

Established Member
F.A.T

What is included in the kit and was the install easy? I have never seen any articles or install excerpts in any mags on the FRPP kit.
Thanks, J-mart:dw:

Blu02

Established Member
The Hotchkis setup comes with everything you do have to use some of the stock pieces some bolts but the sway bars came with new bushings and all the pieces that you need to finish the job. It took me about 6 hrs to finish just because I wanted to do the job right also I had a lift but the job went pretty smoothly none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread