Lowering Car Questions

jimmydigital00

Established Member
So I want to lower the car a bit but was curious as to which springs or spring rates everyone recommended. At this time I only want to do the springs so would prefer no caster plates. Also, when I got under the car to check out the springs I noticed that the rubber boots on the ball joints are cracked all the way around. The car only has 6000 miles on it but I guess they got dry rotted. Should I change these? If I do should I get the Steeda X2 joints?

Thanks

Jim

jimmydigital00

Established Member
One more thing.

A guy around me has a set of brand new in the box Ford Racing C-Springs. Asking 100 bucks.
Should I even consider these since they claim to only lower the rear 3/4 of an inch. Or could I get these and cut the rear springs a bit to make they match the Eibach Prokit.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
i have the h&r supersport springs as well. check out stangsuspension.com i got all my stuff from them, i'll post up a pic of my car, but keep in mind that i have side exhaust and thus the car will look lower than it actually is.

H&R SS springs ftw :pepper:

zx3focus

Established Member
I have the c springs and they are good. Pretty stiff for in arm springs, but not too harsh.Heres a pics of my car with em. No iso's in the rear.
June1107007.jpg

zx3focus

Established Member
TripleBlack said:
i have the h&r supersport springs as well. check out stangsuspension.com i got all my stuff from them, i'll post up a pic of my car, but keep in mind that i have side exhaust and thus the car will look lower than it actually is.

H&R SS springs ftw :pepper:

Actually max motors coilovers with hypercoil springs FTW.lol

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
If you're wanting to lower the car 'a bit' I wouldn't get the H&R SSs (blue)... I'd just get the H&R Sports (red).

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
With H&R SS you will probably want CC plates. I didn't have them for a long time then found out that the inside of my front tires was worn down to the metal and I didn't even notice. Got some MM CC plates and no problems since.

The stance is awesome, but as stated above if you are just lowering it "a bit" Supersports are not for you. It's one of the lowest springs.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
if you want cheap, but decent springs....try maxspeeds on ebay. i have had them on my car for six months with the stock shocks/struts and no c/c plates and haven't had any problems.

jimmydigital00

Established Member
Thanks for all the suggestions.
So are the Ford Racing C-springs out of the question?
They look like they lower the front enough but the back only by 3/4 of an inch. I did some reading and found you can take out a isolator and maybe even cut a little off of the rear springs without affecting anything.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
C springs are basically a pro-kit. They are made BY eibach for Ford. I'd go with the C springs.
the pro-kit is more of a drop compared to the C springs. with pro-kit, you usually need to have c/c plates but with C springs, you can get away without them.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
19mustang95 said:
the pro-kit is more of a drop compared to the C springs. with pro-kit, you usually need to have c/c plates but with C springs, you can get away without them.
I know plenty people with pro-kit without C/C plates with no issues.

Anything more than 1.5 inch drop you will need them though.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
here is my car with mm c/c plates, tokico shocks/struts, and H&R SS springs but my car looks lower because of my side exhaust

thecobra3.jpg

thecobra2.jpg

thecobra.jpg

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
I know plenty people with pro-kit without C/C plates with no issues.

Anything more than 1.5 inch drop you will need them though.
well my buddy just installed some on his and he has bad negative camber and wont be able to adjust it back to specs with the stock stuff, but he also took out the iso's...and i have a 2" drop and no c/c plates and have no uneven tire wear or anything after 6000 miles, so c/c plates aren't necessary for drops more than 1.5". And from what i have seen, the pro-kit lowers more than what they advertise but the sportlines do not.

Users who are viewing this thread