Lowered Shelbys

Svtheide

Established Member
Just wondering how those that lowered there car how there liking it. Im about to get mine back tomorrow an the excitement is definitely building, can't wait to see the new lowered look with the black alocoa's an the baer extreme brake package with the yellow calipers.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Took a bit to grow on me, but now very happy I did it. Gives it a nicer look and more attitude. After running with Slowponycar last week and both of them lowered, really love the stance of the lowered car. :coolman:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
One of the best mods I did, and also one of the first. I love the stance, tighter handling and greater feedback I get.

freakshow12

Established Member
May I ask you guys what you are using? I want to do mine but don't want to hurt the pp suspension. Also will lowering give me fits with the lt's I plan to put on soon?

Svtheide

Established Member
I went with ford racing springs, massive speed LCA'S, UCA an adjustable panhard bar.

Ky GT500

Established Member
I'm Eibach Pro Kit for springs, all BMR for upper, lower, adjustable panhard and brace.

5.0 guy

Established Member
The first mod I did to my vert was Eibach Sportlines, I've had it a week short of a year now with only 560 miles to date (garage queen mostly!) Last Saturday I went for a back road cruise with my wife and turned off the sport mode to normal, it had been in sport mode since the first day i purchased it. I was amazed how smooth it drove on back Colorado roads with the lowered suspension out of sport. I definitely recommend the lowered suspension, the stance is way better and handling is also way better then the four wheel drive height they are manufactured in.

verbal

Established Member
Which ford racing springs and can I get away with just springs to start with? Nobody with long tubes chimed in yet either...

You will need an adjustable panhard bar with any lowering spring.

I have the FRPP L springs and have not had any problems yet. No ride quality or noise issues. The FRPP springs do take a little while to settle.

phil123

Established Member
I did Van's kit of Ford Racing Springs and BMR Lower/Upper Control Arms adjustable panhard etc. I have the PP suspension and it works great with it. Putting the whole kit on improves handling more than just lowering and I definitely recommend. Car looks way better lowered but have not really had any more scrapping problems than before with front splitter. You may encounter a little more noise on rough roads and it rides a little harsher in sport mode but seems to ride smoother in normal setting. Car is DD and wife and I both love it and now thinking of getting full Cortex or Griggs setup in future.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I have the steeda sport springs, UCA, Panhard brace. BMR relo brackets, panhard bar and bob's LCA's.

BCPD199

Established Member
You will need an adjustable panhard bar with any lowering spring.

I have the FRPP L springs and have not had any problems yet. No ride quality or noise issues. The FRPP springs do take a little while to settle.

So you can't just do the FRPP springs?

rubyredsnake14

Established Member

yes you can decide to just lower it without adding the extra's.. My bud lowered his without doing UCA and LCA however he did add the panhard and bracket when he did his springs..

Last edited:

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member

yes you can just do the springs. Ask me how I know. all the extra's are a nice addition and without a panhard bar your rear wheels will be slightly off. But yes you can do just the springs, get aligned and your good to go.

verbal

Established Member
yes you can just do the springs. Ask me how I know. all the extra's are a nice addition and without a panhard bar your rear wheels will be slightly off. But yes you can do just the springs, get aligned and your good to go.

Why not just spend a couple hundred more dollars on the panhard bar and do it right? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread