Lowered my L today

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member
I finally pieced everything together and lowered my truck today. I went with JLP shackles set on the last hole and Strange adjustable shocks in the rear. I used RUSlow 1000lbs spring with half a coil cut off in the front. Measured from wheel center to fender lip the front measures 16 1/4" and the rear 18". I want to get the Hotchkis leafs to lower the rear a little more and pick up a set of adjustable shocks for the front. Are the QA1's the only adjustable front shocks that will fit our trucks?

Here is a before shot.
Lightninglowered001.jpg

And a quick after shot. I will get another tomorrow during the day.
Lightninglowered002.jpg

And let me tell you the drivers side shocks are no fun.

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member
Im going to have to watch parking curbs. I have the tendency to pull the bumper over them.

I do want to change the wheels out but that is probably going to have to wait a while. The only wheel i found that i really like will probably set me back like $4k. Im not even sure if they make them to fit.
Here they are
1423.gif

RMoore92

Established Member
Looks great, I kinda want to put that lowering kit on my truck looks good! And I find it hard to spend 4k on some wheels but they sure will look nice on the your truck.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
I think the Timeless 2's would look alot better on your L IMO....

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I just put a set of QA1's on the front of mine. Mine still has the stock coils on the front. but I do have the rear lowered. I just put the 2" shackles on the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread