Lowered Car, one side lower than the other?

Shadows

so i lowered my car with h&r supersport springs back on 5/29 of this year (took picturs). and now that the springs have settled, my driver side front lowered more than my passenger side front. how should i fix this? park on a brick on the passenger side, or park on a curb on the passenger side? how do yall think i should fix it?

thanks in advanced

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dark Shadow said:
so i lowered my car with h&r supersport springs back on 5/29 of this year (took picturs). and now that the springs have settled, my driver side front lowered more than my passenger side front. how should i fix this? park on a brick on the passenger side, or park on a curb on the passenger side? how do yall think i should fix it?

thanks in advanced

How far is it off? No car will sit perfectly.

Shadows

ac427cobra said:
How far is it off? No car will sit perfectly.
i would prolly say about 1/4 of an inch about. enough to where the car looks like its leaning to one side...at least in the driveway

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dark Shadow said:
i would prolly say about 1/4 of an inch about. enough to where the car looks like its leaning to one side...at least in the driveway

1/4" aint Jack.

My guess is your driveway is pitched for runoff and it's not level. The car will naturally lean to the low side.

Find a level piece of concrete like inside your garage. Then remeasure. Let me know what you get. Still, it will be difficult at best to visually see 1/4"! :dw: I would not lose any sleep over 1/4". But that's just me.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Shadows

no, i didnt use isolators...and i'm also not measuring with a ruler or anthing, i am using my fingers and guesstimating the difference between the two. i'll have to pull into the garage and check it in there. i'll let yall know what is the verdict after i get off work.

Jon B. Quick

Established Member
Dark Shadow said:

thanks in advanced
Send the springs back to where they came from and either get your money back or another set. Eibach makes excelent springs and good rates for Mustangs.

Starting with a new set, go to a spring shop, have them put the springs in a comparator. Compress them to coil bind twice, then measure their free height. If the fronts aren't the same they are junk! If the backs aren't the same they are junk! All springs will take a set. Just like valve springs, they should only be measured after being placed in coil bind.

Thanks,

Jon B. Quick

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Dark Shadow said:
no, i didnt use isolators...and i'm also not measuring with a ruler or anthing, i am using my fingers and guesstimating the difference between the two. i'll have to pull into the garage and check it in there. i'll let yall know what is the verdict after i get off work.

Even factory cars lean a little. The most picky person about your car is going to be you. I used to think my old stang leaned like crazy but when I asked for others opinions, they said they couldn't tell a difference.

Silver04GT

Established Member
when you installed them did you put the pigtail end of the springs right where the stock ones went? That might also be your problem? You could check that.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
Silver04GT said:
when you installed them did you put the pigtail end of the springs right where the stock ones went? That might also be your problem? You could check that.

Bingo. The springs must be rotated/clocked in exactly the same position as the stock ones. If one spring is off then that side will sit higher/lower.

They should not be off by 1/4"

Torchred35th

Established Member
measure it with a ruler or tape measure to get exact how off they are. Visually you probably wont be able to see a difference, and its probably too small to see it "lean" to one side. Its probably just your obsession with your car.....i kno ive been all over every inch of mine so i can understand the worry, but thats normal.

Users who are viewing this thread