lower pully

Cobra80

Established Member
I am looking at getting a 2-4lb lower and I am not sure what upper I have, it is 2 1/4 od and 1 3/4 id. I am looking to get to 500-550 rwhp and hoping that will get me to the 11.50 mark in the 1/4. What can i get to on the factory injectors? What is an ok PSI on a factory Eaton in hot Houston weather, and should I get a Port done on it? I have an aftermarket HE already to help it stay cool. Also the engine I am about to put in is a 8.2:1 compression Also I have factory headers, is it worth it to go to LT or shorty headers?

Cobra80

Established Member
it was way wrong, it is amazing what having good lighting can help you see! the ID is right at 2.5 so I am guessing it is the 2.6

cobracide

Established Member
I am not sure what upper I have, it is 2 1/4 od and 1 3/4 id.
ok we'll call it 2.6 so now we are getting somewhere. : )

re-ordered questions..

I am looking to get to 500-550 rwhp and hoping that will get me to the 11.50 mark in the 1/4.
cool, a ported Eaton can get you there.

should I get a Port done on it?
yes

What can i get to on the factory injectors?
Hard to say without datalogging but it will suffice to say the stock injectors are insufficient for your goals.

What is an ok PSI on a factory Eaton in hot Houston weather, and I have an aftermarket HE already to help it stay cool. Also the engine I am about to put in is a 8.2:1 compression Also I have factory headers,
Your going to need some good boost for your goals. 16-17 is about where you need to go. Get a larger intercooler reservoir.

is it worth it to go to LT or shorty headers?
Depends on your definition of "worth it". Numerous threads on this, the bottom line is the gains are not so great per $.

I am looking at getting a 2-4lb lower
I think a 2lb lower with the 2.60 is a good AFTER the port. You will have to go larger upper to get a 4lb lower on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread