Lower pulley removal

Marvin9075

Established Member
I once removed it, changed the inner belt, routed the inner belt wrong; started it up and the belt shredded within 5 seconds.

So I figured, oh well, at least the removal would be easy since the engine only ran for like 5 seconds. Nope .... that damn bolt was just as difficult as when the engine had 10 years of run-time. Stupid reverse-thread bolt, grrrrr.
Yeah I was jacking the breaker bar up and the damn car was lifting off the ground then it finally broke lose … guess I got lucky nothing broke.

efnfast

Established Member
Yeah I was jacking the breaker bar up and the damn car was lifting off the ground then it finally broke lose … guess I got lucky nothing broke.

Removing that bolt is scary - the first time I did it I swore something was going to break too (and the loud bang it makes when it breaks loose sure doesn't help!)

I can't begin to fathom how much torque that bolt is under - I have a 5ft long 3/4'' breaker bar for removing centerlock nuts on rims .... that damn thing was flexing on me and the bolt refused to budge (meanwhile wheel nuts that get torqued on at 500ft-lbs can be removed with it with just my pinky finger pretty much)

Users who are viewing this thread