Lower pulley install

hinds04

Established Member
Since my 4lb lower pulley has been installed it looks as though it is not perfectly round. It looks like as it spins it is jumping out a little bit (best way to describe it). I was just wondering if there is anywhere I can take it to have this fixed? Some sort of machine shop or something I guess. Drives fine just makes me nervous. Anyone?

03yellow

Established Member
Was it round at first (did you notice)?
How long has it been on the car?
Where did you purchase?
Have you checked the (rusty) bolts to make sure it's tight?

Last edited:

hinds04

Established Member
it looked good, it is a metco, install wise everything looks good, been on for about 2,000 miles. I noticed it jumping when it was first done. But it is just a tap maybe 1/8"

03yellow

Established Member
I'd call the place you got it and get a new ring. See if they will take the return (free) Defect. If they won't take it back get a new ring keep the receipt and send the bad one to metco for them to see( bet they will replace it. Then take the new one back to the store.
I wouldn't want to lose a belt, can do some major damage $$$$$
it looked good, it is a metco, install wise everything looks good, been on for about 2,000 miles. I noticed it jumping when it was first done. But it is just a tap maybe 1/8"

03yellow

Established Member
You saw it after it was installed?
Take it back to the installer; he's the one that bent your ring.
Bet there is a nice gash in ring from where he messed up.
He knows what he did and tried to blow you off!

Are you a nice young person?

Please be careful I saw a hole i'n the hood from a belt. These cars spin too fast for even a little bump in your ring!
Who ever did your install is a snake and tried to take advantage of you. Take it back and let him replace it with a new ring!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread