Lower Intake Install?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
How difficult is the install of the lower intake.

Do the gaskets have to be replaced?

Do you lay down any sealant between heads an Lower intake

Do you have to drain any coolant?

br549

Established Member
what are you call the lower manifold? if you are referring to the intake without the top then here are your answers.
1) always replace gasket
2)no sealant with new gasket
3) no coolant connection with 4V however intake replacement without removing alternator might difficult and if you touch the outlet coolant crossover pipe then drain some of the coolant.
any more questions let me know

01yellercobra

Established Member
As long as the gaskets aren't damaged you can reuse them. Get a fuel line disconnect tool.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
what are you call the lower manifold? if you are referring to the intake without the top then here are your answers.
1) always replace gasket
3) no coolant connection with 4V however intake replacement without removing alternator might difficult and if you touch the outlet coolant crossover pipe then drain some of the coolant.

Thanks but I don't think I said lower manifold?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
1) always replace gasket

As long as the gaskets aren't damaged you can reuse them. Get a fuel line disconnect tool.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

The fuel disconnect is what troubles me. I have seen pictures of it and suspect it operates under the same principle as the fuel filter?

Round tool that covers the whole line correct?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The fuel disconnect is what troubles me. I have seen pictures of it and suspect it operates under the same principle as the fuel filter?

Round tool that covers the whole line correct?

That would be the one. It's easier than the fuel filter since it's easier to get to.

Jamie R.

Established Member
I was able to swap my lower out without taking the fuel lines loose. I just eased the rail over to the side. Yes the gaskets can prolly be reused if they dont look bad but new gaskets do not cost much so why not change them while your there. Overall the lower intake swap is a pretty easy deal and I did'nt remove my alternator either.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

wallie40

Established Member
Just unplug the injectors and move the fuel rail away from where you are working. No need to disconnect. You will get a little fuel spillage..
-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread