Lower intake hose

SS EATR

Established Member
I just finished installing the VMP blower on my car and realized once I had put it on that the lower intake hose had broken off and was laying on the table where I put the blower on the manifold. Will I need to pull the blower back off and plug it or will it be okay like it is?

bigmoose

Established Member
If you are talking about the hose on the bottom of the lower intake you need to pull the blower again. It is for the PCV system. You can either put it back on or plug it and do a PCV delete.

If you don't fix it you'll have a very large leak which will cause lots of issues.

SS EATR

Established Member
If you are talking about the hose on the bottom of the lower intake you need to pull the blower again. It is for the PCV system. You can either put it back on or plug it and do a PCV delete.

If you don't fix it you'll have a very large leak which will cause lots of issues.

Yeah thats what I assumed I just wanted to check to be sure, thanks for the help

hotcobra03

Established Member
X2 on clamping that hose..if not plugged.

that nipple on bottom causes po171/174

oem hose appears to harder over time and it will leak without a clamp

gotbitten

Established Member
No trying to hijack here but if you plug it and run breathers in the v/c do you need to do anything with your tune?

keith89

Established Member
I just finished installing the VMP blower on my car and realized once I had put it on that the lower intake hose had broken off and was laying on the table where I put the blower on the manifold. Will I need to pull the blower back off and plug it or will it be okay like it is?

Plug it and run a proper oil separator on the pcv lines so oil does not collect. Normally any oil that makes it into the pcv system will drain through the tube that broke off and recircuilate to the intake and eventually coat the intercooler. I pluged mine and run jlt oil separators off both valve covers. You probably only need one oil separator off the driver's side head but after throroughly cleaning all of the oil out of my lower intake and intercooler, i didn't want to chance any more getting in.

The other alternative is to run a breather setup but I find a catch can easier and no worry about oil mist in the engine bay or clogged filters.

cj428mach

Established Member
I went to the hardware store and got a new 90 degree elbow to go into the intake. I then got npt to AN adapter and ran braided hose. It should last a very long time.

SS EATR

Established Member
Plug it and run a proper oil separator on the pcv lines so oil does not collect. Normally any oil that makes it into the pcv system will drain through the tube that broke off and recircuilate to the intake and eventually coat the intercooler. I pluged mine and run jlt oil separators off both valve covers. You probably only need one oil separator off the driver's side head but after throroughly cleaning all of the oil out of my lower intake and intercooler, i didn't want to chance any more getting in.

The other alternative is to run a breather setup but I find a catch can easier and no worry about oil mist in the engine bay or clogged filters.

I ended up just putting a new hose on and clamping it, but after reading this I wish I would have went that route. Might just plug that line off and add the separators.

Users who are viewing this thread