Lower engine or re-hood?? Van wade in!

svtmadman

Established Member
Ive had my 3.6L KB on for a several months and we lowered the engine to clear the stock hood with the engine mount kit...heres the problem. The headers are rubbing the steering shaft also the suspension feel like its kinda in a bind ( i cant really explain it) Do i raise it back up to stock height and put a SS hood on it or buy a new cradle and lower it and see if we can clear the headers? Van claims he has "0" rubbing issues with his set up on his old car.

Im over it and have been waiting till winter to address it. Any ideas or feedback is appreciated.

I could just trade for a '13 and sayda hell wit it.:banana:

Van@RevanRacing

Ive had my 3.6L KB on for a several months and we lowered the engine to clear the stock hood with the engine mount kit...heres the problem. The headers are rubbing the steering shaft also the suspension feel like its kinda in a bind ( i cant really explain it) Do i raise it back up to stock height and put a SS hood on it or buy a new cradle and lower it and see if we can clear the headers? Van claims he has "0" rubbing issues with his set up on his old car.

Im over it and have been waiting till winter to address it. Any ideas or feedback is appreciated.

I could just trade for a '13 and sayda hell wit it.:banana:

I would use a 1/2" Engine Lowering K Member from BMR and a larger aftermarket hood like Cervini Cowl, Super Snake, Trufiber or Black Mamba.

You will still have to slightly clearance the headers to the steering shaft but the suspension will not feel "bound up"

My car has an aftermarket hood and a 3.6 and I never attempted to put the 3.6 on with a stock hood. Way too much work and yes it makes the suspension suck.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
depends on the look you want, I prefer the stock look with the 4.0L Whipple lurking underneath, BMR K-member and lowered mounts - no issues with any think

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Brother is running a 4.0 and has the engine lowered. Car rides like a pinto with cut springs. I would do the Hood but then you really can't see with the cowls to well. Only reason I haven't went to a larger blower. Hood clearance:bash:

2nd2none

Established Member
I would use a 1/2" Engine Lowering K Member from BMR and a larger aftermarket hood like Cervini Cowl, Super Snake, Trufiber or Black Mamba.

Just a note...I'm not sure about 07-09 but theres a member on Teamshelby that has the Black Mamba hood on his 2012 with a 3.6LC and even after the 1/2" lower motor mounts he had to modify the hood to clear.

Bad Company

Established Member
With hood clearance issues with the KB 3.6L LC supercharger, can you leave the engine in the stock location and install the Shelby Super Snake hood and not have clearance issues on a 13 GT500? Would the Trufiber or Trucarbon A53 KR hood be a better choice for additional clearance?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread