Low Power - All sorts of issues - Need Help!

MystiChrome04

Established Member
Finally got a chance to get the car on the dyno today. First off car runs on straight 110 octane leaded race fuel (Cam2) and for some reason it was just bellowing out orange smoke. Almost like it was extremely rich only with orange smoke (was lean at first then corrected). A/F was dialed in to 11.8-11.9 and it wasn't as bad but was definitely still doing it.

Second piece has me completely stumped. Both Borderline Knock and MBT tables have a peak of 22* of timing at 1.99 load for 4000 RPM and up. It was logging a spark source of "2" like it's pulling from Borderline Knock but timing peaked at 14.5 degrees. Logs are attached below, IAT2's look fine, everything else looks fine.

Lastly, look at injector duty cycle, it's around 90% which makes no sense. Base fuel pressure is right at 45-46 PSI and Im running Siemen Deka 63lb injectors. Car only put down 483rwhp so even though the numbers are low those injectors should not be anywhere near maxed out. I am hoping someone can pick up on something I am missing. This car is driving me absolutely nuts! Thanks for any assistance. I can't seem to attached the .mtf file but will send it to anyone willing to look and see if I've overlooked something.

First issue found with help from Swerve (boost reference for FRPS, only had vacuum). Has been corrected, issues still persist.

2n6dv01.jpg

rh1jkw.jpg

Last edited:

MystiChrome04

Established Member
Do you have any global timing pulled?

What is your ACT retard set at? I believe stock settings start to pull timing at 100* downstream temps

Checked global (actually didn't think to look there) and it's "0". Downstream IAT is set to pull timing above 150 degrees, ECT is set to pull timing above 250 degrees. I just don't get where this is coming from.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Is this tune a base tune that you've worked off of when you purchased ProRacer or did you start from scratch? When I had the same injectors, my injector duty cycle didn't make sense either. At one point it was logging 1.2 which means they're maxed out, right? Wrong... my AFR didn't change when my logs were showing that value so I don't think that PID is accurate for some reason.

MystiChrome04

Established Member
Is this tune a base tune that you've worked off of when you purchased ProRacer or did you start from scratch? When I had the same injectors, my injector duty cycle didn't make sense either. At one point it was logging 1.2 which means they're maxed out, right? Wrong... my AFR didn't change when my logs were showing that value so I don't think that PID is accurate for some reason.

Initially this started as a base tune from Eric Brooks, he helped me get the better scaling setup with the BA3000. I thought about trying to start from scratch again and see if all these issues disappear. There is just a lot of power left on the table here and it's driving me nuts!

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
The spark tables are load based, and you have plenty of that.

I actually experienced the opposite, On my non-scaled tune load was low so it was pulling timing from the wrong cells at WOT.

If you want you can send me the .MTF and I can compare tunes.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Initially this started as a base tune from Eric Brooks, he helped me get the better scaling setup with the BA3000. I thought about trying to start from scratch again and see if all these issues disappear. There is just a lot of power left on the table here and it's driving me nuts!

I started with a base tune from someone as well, and later found out that a dealer has more settings in the tune than you and I do as "ProRacers". There can be things set in the tune that you cannot see. Here is something that you can try to see if there is a hidden setting causing your spark problems:

1. Make a copy of your tune file and rename it to something else
2. Open up the original tune
3. Check off Spark so everything is selected within it
4. Go to File > Reload Selected Items From Base. This will reset everything you can see (and can't see) back to stock settings.
5. Open up the copy of your tune file and copy all of your Spark settings back in

If this doesn't work or causes even more problems, you'll have a copy of your original tune before making these changes.

Hope this helps!

MystiChrome04

Established Member
I started with a base tune from someone as well, and later found out that a dealer has more settings in the tune than you and I do as "ProRacers". There can be things set in the tune that you cannot see. Here is something that you can try to see if there is a hidden setting causing your spark problems:

1. Make a copy of your tune file and rename it to something else
2. Open up the original tune
3. Check off Spark so everything is selected within it
4. Go to File > Reload Selected Items From Base. This will reset everything you can see (and can't see) back to stock settings.
5. Open up the copy of your tune file and copy all of your Spark settings back in

If this doesn't work or causes even more problems, you'll have a copy of your original tune before making these changes.

Hope this helps!

I started building one from scratch, I actually have the full dealer package so I should be able to see everything (was going to get into it a long time ago but life happened). I have had issues in the past where if I edit a tune too many times it's like it just gets corrupted, I'm wondering if that's what's happened here.

Users who are viewing this thread