Low Kenne Bell Dyno Numbers

MYVENM

Established Member
Today i took my 03 to get it tuned and i think that the numbers seem low. The mods on the car: kenne bell 2.4 (19psi), 4 lb lower, 60lb injectors, BAP, JLT CAI, accufab throttle body, catted bassani x, spec clutch, solid axle. It was done on a mustang dyno and the tuner said his was 8% lower than a local dynojet. The car put down 520/493 with the timing at 17, and afr dead on 11.8. I am not happy with the numbers at all. I was hoping for around 550/560...I had a stage 3 ported blower and on a dynojet it put down 516/525. Do you think these numbers are low? Thanks

showme cobra

Banned
Today i took my 03 to get it tuned and i think that the numbers seem low. The mods on the car: kenne bell 2.4 (19psi), 4 lb lower, 60lb injectors, BAP, JLT CAI, accufab throttle body, catted bassani x, spec clutch, solid axle. It was done on a mustang dyno and the tuner said his was 8% lower than a local dynojet. The car put down 520/493 with the timing at 17, and afr dead on 11.8. I am not happy with the numbers at all. I was hoping for around 550/560...I had a stage 3 ported blower and on a dynojet it put down 516/525. Do you think these numbers are low? Thanks
DEF SOUNDS LOW-I LIVE IN ST PETERS- WHO DID YOUR TUNING?

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
shoot i made 570hp on 19# of boost on my 2.8 k.b made better numbers with the 2.2 k.b have just about every mod i could think of besides having cams and a stroker gonna have to up the boost and see what happends

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Definately sounds fishy, my 2.2 put out more power seeing 13* timing @ 19#'s off the 91 octane tune.

The tuner would know if the car was pulling timing due to high IAT's I would hope.
They had a fan in front of the car right?? After just a couple pulls mine was heat soaked and pulling timing.

Josh

MYVENM

Established Member
The tuner said on the last run that the blower was getting heat soaked but they had a fan in front of the car. The temp inside the building was around 50 degrees. I will try to get someone to load up my dyno sheet because i don't have a scanner. I don't have a aftermarket boost gauge so i am wondering if i am getting some belt slip too. The afr is almost a perfect straght line and the horsepower and torque are smooth too with no jumps in it. I did a compression check on the motor before it went up there and there wasn't a cylinder under 175psi. I really take good care of the car and hardly ever run up the rpms, plus the car has low miles so i don't think anything is wrong with motor.

TrickStang37

Established Member
its a mustang dyno, they read much lower. take it to a dynojet if you want better numbers.

i remember seeing stock cobras putting down 320rwhp on a mustang dyno.

MYVENM

Established Member
its a mustang dyno, they read much lower. take it to a dynojet if you want better numbers.

i remember seeing stock cobras putting down 320rwhp on a mustang dyno.

There where 3 cobras total when i went to get mine tuned. 1st- 2.76 upper,x pipe,catback, it made 427/450, 2nd was a stage 4 port,16psi,injectors,ect, and it made 455/458. Then mine did 520/493. Maybe i am just being retarded but it seemed quite abit low.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
i made about 630 on a dyno jet at 18lbs and 21*... 2.4 i thought always had a problem getting hot.. i would go drive around and look into your predator/sct and look at the iat2 temps.. on a 50* day i see 110 to 120 depends on how hard im driving it.. if your over 135-140 just driving it's probably getting to hot.. also data log under boost, temps should drop but i have seen where they go up and if it hits 150 it pulls timing and there goes your numbers.. with that dyno you might only hit 550 -560 anyways so maybe it might be right..

04cobra13

Established Member
damn, all those numbers look really low, i think its all in the tune, but it sounds pretty spot on given the a/f ratio...i say get it re-tuned...somewhere else...btw i made 455/478 my mods.

TrickStang37

Established Member
i say dont get a retune, just dyno it somewhere else to put you at ease if you want. but your car seems pretty much where it should be.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Don't get caught up in the dyno numbers. If the tune is on and it runs right
at the track, don't sweat it.

You should be trapping somewhere in the neighborhood of 130mph.
ET is all hook, suspension, and skill so that's not a good estimate of power.

drptitan

Established Member
Seems a little low man, I am puttin down 521 with a stage 4 port and only 12#'s of boost. Something is deff wrong or his dyno is really off. How does it feel on the street?

Users who are viewing this thread